Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE What?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 06:08 PM
microdon2
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE What?!?!

guille - if you went Nitro at this point you'd certainly be bucking the trend. With the price and quality of DLE gassers, I'm not sure how OS or YS are selling any large engines anymore. I have a YS 140 in a 70" sport plane - awesome engine - powerful as anything. I also have a DLE 20 another of that same model plane. I can't open the YS 140 up WOT cause I don't need that much power, and the nitro consumption is already ridiculous. I LOVE the sound and power of the YS, but I figured out that the fuel cost with the YS 140 is TEN TIMES that of the DLE 20, which gives almost identical performance in that plane (give the cost of 15% nitro and the at-least double-rate of fuel consumption in the YS). So, while nitro engines are great in a lot of ways, are you willing to pay those fuel costs?
Old 06-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Andika

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

To date, no model airplane manufacturer has requested Walbro to make anything. So Walbro has to not made a carb for RC modeling applications.

Are you 100% sure ??

Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

I asked Luis Salas at Walbro that question a few years ago...NO ONE had Walbro design a carb for a specific model airplane engine...NO ONE...
Your result may vary, but Luis is THE MAN at Cass City, home of Walbro...
Old 06-25-2011, 09:59 PM
willig10

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well maybe it is time for some of you Master engine guys to send in one of your engines and ask Walboro to design a carb just for us "airplane" guys. lol.

Until FADEC (fully automated digital engine control) comes out for our little gassers, us guys are just gonna have to twist the needles.

I don't mind. lol

Glenn Williams
Old 06-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Antique

They would, but the cost would be too high..What we have works just fine when PROPERLY tuned...
Old 06-26-2011, 03:30 AM
portanav

The DLE 30 sold by Tower ... is real and very good. I recently bought one for my Mustang and it is a great engine. Powerful, starts easy and sounds good.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:39 AM
portanav

The DLE 30 sold by Tower .... is the real thing. I recently bought one for my Mustang and it works great. Powerful, starts easy and sounds great. This is my third DLE from Tower .... and I am awaiting another order I just made for a DLE 55 for my TF Corsair. I am very pleased with DLE and I think you will be too.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:26 AM
willig10

Guys:
Changing the subject entirely. I have a real simple question maybe some of you can expound on. Do any of you out there have a 1/3 scale spacewalker? Or know someon who does?

Here is my question. Is the DLE 30 enough engine for this plane?

Thanks
Glenn Williams
Old 06-26-2011, 08:35 AM
Antique

One of my customers had one with a G38..Flew fine...The DLE 30 is about the same power, it should do well, but no 3D
Old 06-26-2011, 08:42 AM
willig10

Thanks Antique:
I am not a 3D pilot. I believe planes should fly and helicopters should hover. I am old school. My aerobatic routine consists of loops & rolls and the occasional hammerheadetc. LOL

Glenn Williams
Old 06-26-2011, 09:53 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

you know something go ahead with HK but and I mean but you wont get any customer support.nada!as for tower not sure what to say and I have seen the price with ad promos drop it.but frankly I bought mine from valleyview rc and have regretted it.jodi is easily acessible will answer your questions and gives very good support.and to be honest it came down between jodi and syassa in nearby conn ecticut.both engines are extremely good.but alotof the other chinnese out there aint worth a whole lot in my opinon.my next purchase likely will be the dle 20.
You mean you DID NOT regret it? VVRC is great to deal with.
Old 06-26-2011, 11:24 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: vertical grimmace

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

you know something go ahead with HK but and I mean but you wont get any customer support.nada!as for tower not sure what to say and I have seen the price with ad promos drop it.but frankly I bought mine from valleyview rc and have regretted it.jodi is easily acessible will answer your questions and gives very good support.and to be honest it came down between jodi and syassa in nearby conn ecticut.both engines are extremely good.but alotof the other chinnese out there aint worth a whole lot in my opinon.my next purchase likely will be the dle 20.
You mean you DID NOT regret it? VVRC is great to deal with.
I thinkhe (cloudancer) left out the word NEVER is all. I amsure he will catch up to it and edit his post....adding never in it. Easy to do....shoot we all make the same kinda miss-typing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Capt,n
Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 PM
guille2006

Hey boys; this is the house for the Mintor 33... and this is also why this thread started...
Empty weigth: 3.500g; estimated MTOW: 5.500g; wingspan 1.87m;
Regards to all!!!
Guille
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69736.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	1627972  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I neded an engine in that size I'd be knocking on your door.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:00 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

I had been discussing RCG/RCGF, not DLE.[:@] Valley View, Tower, and TBM all sell the same DLE, and are not restricted from factory direct purchasing.

The difference in pricing between them comes down to service, both customer and product. Which one do you think is going to take the best care of you and your engine if it ever needs service? Make you decision from there.

How good can the DLE 30 be? Better to ask how good you are because the engine, any engine, will never be any better than the person using it. If you are great the DLE 30 will be great. If you understand engines you'll never have a problem with the DLE 30. If you're a baffoon then it would not matter what you had because you'd screw it up regardless of quality level. There are a great many points in between.

Finally, someone has managed to tell it like it truly is. Thank you, T.O.M.

Ed Cregger

P.S. Not that I don't have my buffoon moments from time to time too...
Old 06-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Tired Old Man

Ed,

People don't like being told how it is. To accept that message would require an extension of responsibility.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Andika

ORIGINAL: Antique

I asked Luis Salas at Walbro that question a few years ago...NO ONE had Walbro design a carb for a specific model airplane engine...NO ONE...
Your result may vary, but Luis is THE MAN at Cass City, home of Walbro...
4) [/b]Please note that the NGH GT17 gas engine uses a special Walbro carburetor WT962 (special made in Walbro factory, just for GT17), to optimize the performance of the GT17. [/b]
http://nghengine.com/detail.asp?id=38
Old 06-27-2011, 11:32 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you believe that maybe you'd be interested in my new120 HP,  5cc engine that'll spin a 32x10 prop at 9000 RPM. It has self adjusting mixture needles and a muffler that makes noise only dogs can hear.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:54 AM
guille2006

ORIGINAL: jedijody

If you believe that maybe you'd be interested in my new120 HP, 5cc engine that'll spin a 32x10 prop at 9000 RPM. It has self adjusting mixture needles and a muffler that makes noise only dogs can hear.

Can you send me one of those engines? I need one for my warp-speed 22 days-long mission HALE UAV...
Old 06-28-2011, 03:18 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

i like the idea of self adjusting engine,now where is the starter button.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:23 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Believe it or not, there are chain saws now with a computer chip on the carb that self adjust the mixture.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowne...6-xp-autotune/
Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 AM
Tired Old Man

Self tuning is also possible with computer controlled fuel injection. I find it amusing there is the probability that some people would pay an extra $1,000.00 plus for an engine to avoid learning how to tune, or having to involve themselves in the process.

Andika,

If the WT 962 has been in existance longer than the engine you refer to, the carb was not made for the engine. If the carb is listed as fitting other engines in the Walbro carb/engine selection listings it was not made for an RC engine.

OTH, if the carb was made special for an RC engine, so what? Really now, in the larger scope of giant scale RC, just how important is a 17cc engine? How much help will that carb provide to the thousands of people using 50cc to 300cc+ engines? Next, do they really need any help? Most people I have met that learn something about their engines have few or no issues with the carbs they already have.

We all understand you're shilling for some Chinese manufacturer trying to develop a market for their products by using this forum for exposure. It would be better if you or NGH provided seme proof, from Walbro, to back your claim instead of linking to a manufacturer's advertisiment.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:26 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: jedijody

If you believe that maybe you'd be interested in my new120 HP, 5cc engine that'll spin a 32x10 prop at 9000 RPM. Ithas self adjusting mixture needlesand a muffler that makes noise only dogs can hear.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:36 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Believe it or not, there are chain saws now with a computer chip on the carb that self adjust the mixture.

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landowne...6-xp-autotune/
I do not know if it had a computer chip...but they had saw engines that if the air cleaner was getting plugged there was a device built-in that would correct the fuel mix. They had that for quite some time. It was talked about in the engine conversion forum, where I used to lurk out a lot! Capt,n
Old 06-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Antique

I have a called Mr Luis Salas at Walbro in Cass City, Michigan to find out about a WT962...When the call is answered I will report back..
The carb is not listed on the Walbro web site..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.