Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Newbie with ignition wiring questions

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Newbie with ignition wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 06:03 PM
hauckf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with ignition wiring questions

This will be my first giant and first gasser so I have lots of questions. First, is it OK to use a radio switch harness for the battery/kill switch on an electronic ignition? If so, is a heavy duty harness req'd or is a standard OK. The IE draws 200 mA at full throttle; ignition battery will probably be 4.8V 1000 mAh. Second question: Is it necessary to put in a servo operated kill switch on the ignition? What's it used for? Won't the throttle shut the engine down? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie with ignition wiring questions

hauckf,

I am using a Heavy Duty on/off switch for my ignition and I'm running an 1800 pack. I also do not have a servo operated kill switch. When I land and taxi back to my station I just turn off the ingnition switch. I just keep it nice and simple.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Newbie with ignition wiring questions

hauckf,

I guess I should have said that there are a lot of different variations and nothing is in stone so to speak. A lot of guys prefer running dual batteries and receivers for protection against an expensive model. There are a variety of different switches, battery sizes, size of wire, etc. I guess the best thing to do is what I did and see what the guys in your local club are using and having good success with. You will probably here a lot of different ideas and they will probably all work. I think it's more of a preference thing. What I do works for me and I guess thats what we're looking for, what works time and time again.