Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

CRRC 40cc kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
warbird72
My Feedback: (79)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CRRC 40cc kit

I have a new case right here in front of me. Thoes screws should be in front of the seal anyway. the seal goes almost aganist the front bearing. Is that where yours is ? or do you have the seal flush with the front of the case.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 PM
warbird72

JUst trying to help. I hate to see people having troubl with stuff .. 
Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM
citabrickr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate it. The screw hole for the sensor, on the engine mount beam side is drilled through to the recessed groove where the seal lip rests in. I didn't think it would be a real leak possibility but I was wrong, that is the only leak on the engine. I think if that hole were NOT drilled all the way through I would have zero leaks
Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 PM
warbird72

Yes i agree. Maybe mine is a little different. I didnt think it would have been but maybe so. Im looking at mine now and my screws are not even in ther but my front seal is behind my holes.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Citabrickr, all the lower cases have that hole for the sensor mount drilled the same way. The supplied sealant, applied as directed in the instructions allows some sealant to squeeze into this area and plug the hole. All you need to do is take the sensor mount screw out and squeeze a small amount of the supplied sealant into the hole and put the srew back in, done. There is a pitts style muffler available from CRRC (or us) that quiets it down a bit, anything that fits the BME 50 classic or any Echo based gas engine will work also.

Warbird, the Thor and the CRRC 40 are two very different engines, you must be thinking of the CRRC 45 which is no longer in production, it is very similar to the Thor. There are pictures in this thread for your reference.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:19 AM
warbird72

yes you are right. I do have the 45 cc. It is a Thor/crrc pro. You learn something new every day right. hehe.
Old 06-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Wingwrecker

My 40cc is finally running well now.  After fussing with it many times, I ran it for an hour at  high idle and I'm guessing the rings are fully seated now, as it will now hold a good tune.  It pulls my heavy GP Extra 300s 1.60 around well but not enough for 3D.  I will be getting a 50cc DL for it.

This 40cc is destined for a GP Giant Big Stik  that I plan to order soon.

After a bit of hassle I am pleased with my pre-built CRRC-Pro 40cc kit.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:09 AM
Dale54

Sure glad I decided to read completely through this thread. I recently purchased Valley View’s Giant Super Chipmunk and the CRRC 40cc (pre-assembled) engine. The engine runs great on the bench with no problems – other than the occasional backwards start. My problem was mounting the cowl without having to modify it too heavily due to the dimensions of the stock muffler. Saw Jody’s remarks on the Pitts style muffler for this engine. Jetted right over to Valley View’s website and nailed one. Problem solved!

Thanks Jody! (Say hello to Tom for me.)

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98607.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	1217237  
Old 06-13-2009, 11:50 AM
jedijody

Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
citabrickr

Ok, took the engine apart and resealed it using the supplied RTV and am letting it cure, the band-aid of trying to reseal the one sensor hole didn't work, engine is leaking oil more than I'm really ready to settle for, will probably run it tomorrow again. Am still looking for a supplier of a spinner adapter with M10 x 1.5 threads for a 10/32 screw, any sources out there? Thanks again...
Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
warbird72

Man just do what I did. I got a good bolt and drilled down through the center and threaded it to 10/32 It works great
Old 06-19-2009, 01:15 PM
citabrickr

It's not a bolt, it's a nut.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:27 PM
cantw8tofly
My Feedback: (3)

I just tapped the hollow crankshaft about 3/8" in and used a longer screw with my true turn spinner....works great with no troubles.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:45 PM
warbird72

Git er done
Old 06-20-2009, 10:24 AM
citabrickr

Well, not being one to hack something up for no reason I have ordered a Jtec Pitts muffler with snufflers (not sure if he's making me a custom muffler since it's not listed as a stock item, but super friendly to deal with on the phone) and contacted Dave Brown and asked if he could make an adapter nut with that thread size.  He emailed back within hours saying he was planning to hand make a small batch this week and incorporate the size into their line, I'm happy as a clam!  Maybe I should hold off on my happiness till I run the engine after the reseal though...but if it doesn't leak anymore I'll be all set to go!
Old 06-22-2009, 12:33 AM
jedijody

The end of the propshaft is drilled and tapped for a 4mm x .70 spinner bolt.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Blade 65

Saintcreed,

I have a CRRC 40 cc pro engine installed on my Katana V2 using a Xoar 18x10 prop. The velocity stack sticks out of the cowl. I also have the same issue during flight. My engine oftens times sputters, richens and leans out during flight despite adjusting the low and high end needles to optimal performance. On the ground, the engines runs flawlessly. I tried changing the stock velocity stack to a GP velocity stack which is angled. The fix only offered modest improvement on my engine's performance in the air. I soldered a brass tubing on the vent of the diaphragm cover and connected silicone tubing on the brass tubing directing the tubing into the fuselage. I hope this will solve this issue. I will be flying this weekend to see if this modification corrects my problem. Some say that you might have to install a plate in front of the carb. to avoid direct prop. blast from the propeller. I might consider this my next step if the problem persists.

Geoff
Old 06-22-2009, 06:40 AM
citabrickr

Well, after resealing and even waiting a few days to make sure everything cured I test ran the engine and the effort proved worthy, no more leaks. Just ran the case halves over some 600 grit on a flat plate and used RTV, just like the instructions said...so much for trying to improve on something. Unfortunately the happiness was throttled back by finding the sensor cracked at the mounting screw hole in at least two places already, with not even three tanks of fuel through the engine. Hopefully warranty will cover it, but what is the point if it replaces it with the same part? Why don't they make the sensor bracket out of aluminum?
Old 06-23-2009, 12:04 AM
rcar4

You should just buy one already built and tested by jedjody. My runs great thanks to Valley View RC!
Sorry I am a so impressed with good people to be a little biased.
Rcar4
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"><meta content="Word.Document" name="ProgId"><meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Generator"><meta content="Microsoft Word 12" name="Originator"><xml><w:worddocument><w:view></w:view><w:browserlevel></w:browserlevel> <m:mathpr> <m:mathfont m:val="Cambria Math"></m:mathfont> <m:brkbin m:val="before"></m:brkbin> <m:brkbinsub m:val=""></m:brkbinsub> <m:smallfrac m:val="off"></m:smallfrac> <m:dispdef></m:dispdef> <m:lmargin m:val="0"></m:lmargin> <m:rmargin m:val="0"></m:rmargin> <m:defjc m:val="centerGroup"></m:defjc> <m:wrapindent m:val="1440"></m:wrapindent> <m:intlim m:val="subSup"></m:intlim> <m:narylim m:val="undOvr"></m:narylim> </m:mathpr></w:worddocument></xml><xml> <w:latentstyles latentstylecount="267" defpriority="99" defqformat="false" defsemihidden="true" defunhidewhenused="true" deflockedstate="false"> <w:lsdexception name="Normal" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="0" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 1" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 2" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 3" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 4" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 5" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 6" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 7" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 8" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="heading 9" qformat="true" priority="9" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 1" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 2" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 3" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 4" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 5" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 6" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 7" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 8" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="toc 9" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="caption" qformat="true" priority="35" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="10" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Default Paragraph Font" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Subtitle" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="11" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Strong" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="22" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="20" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Table Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="59" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Placeholder Text" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="No Spacing" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="1" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Revision" unhidewhenused="false" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="List Paragraph" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="34" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="29" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Intense Quote" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="30" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 1" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 2" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 3" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 4" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 5" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="60" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="61" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Light Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="62" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="63" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="64" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="65" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium List 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="66" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="67" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="68" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="69" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Dark List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="70" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Shading Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="71" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful List Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="72" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Colorful Grid Accent 6" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="73" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Subtle Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="19" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Intense Emphasis" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="21" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Subtle Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="31" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Intense Reference" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="32" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Book Title" qformat="true" unhidewhenused="false" semihidden="false" priority="33" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="Bibliography" priority="37" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> <w:lsdexception name="TOC Heading" qformat="true" priority="39" locked="false"></w:lsdexception> </w:latentstyles></xml><style type="text/css"></style><style type="text/css"> Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}</style><o></o></meta></meta></meta></meta>
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 AM
citabrickr

I don't need two engines, and as I said, it runs great. I was well aware of the complications of buying cheap and building it myself after reading hundreds of posts and all available reviews. I am a mechanic by trade and wasn't scared of assembling anengine from a box of parts, I assemble real aircraft engines with no problemsso didn't take this as much of a challenge. The oil leak was my fault for using sealants designed for closer tolerances which was resolved by just using the supplied RTV. The sensor was/is a known issue and should be a warranty part, although as I said before, don't know what good replacing it will do if the replacement partis not improved. Both the spinner adapter and muffler are being taken care of by top-notch companies and will probably be available to all when they are added to their product lines.I appreciate all the help from people who have already been there/done that with the engine though, I think these forums are great.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:39 PM
rcar4

My post was just an impulse after reading the problems people had that built their own. Not really directed at anyone person but I am glad you are getting yours worked out citabrickr. The forums are great and everyone seems to be getting the help they and I need at times.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:29 AM
grimmy55

A quick question Gents I cant get mine to fire up well it fires does about 20 revolutions and dies,when I choke it it floods petrol everywhere then it will fire as i said ,,what are the needle settings for the carb I checked the ones I,ve got and they are 1 1/2 on the low speed and 2 turns on the high speed screw ,I haven,t altered them as I thought I,d better ask in this forum first,I have the tank level with the top of carby thanks all Hope you have some answers for me I found delivery very quick ordered Thursday night it was in letterbox Tuesday morning ya cant complain about that from China to N Z thaats quicker than local delivery times
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 AM
mroyer
My Feedback: (2)

Here is a good explaination of how "similar" walbro carburetors work. Your carburetor has no primer bulb. This link will give a hand waving understanding of carb operation.
http://www.drystacked.com/Walbro%20C...y%20ebook1.pdf

Next the Walbro service manual has the high level, harder to understand technical details that are more applicable to a carburetor like yours. It includes tips and tools for troubleshooting your engine.
http://www.wind-drifter.com/technica...viceManual.pdf

My advice, to you based on a statistical analysis is to consider that crankcase chamber leaks are the leading cause of real troubles brought to this forum. Some leaks are from the crank sensor mounting holes, and some are from gaps in a poorly machined crankcase.

It sounds as if you have not adjusted your needle valves. What is stopping you from thoroughly testing many settings. Select a range of 0.75 to 2 turns with 0.25 turn increments. If you have a pressure gauge or vacuum gauge you can check the crankcase for leaks. You have a lot to read here. Let us know if it was valuable to you. What happened next/

Happy flipping (but not too much flipping),
Mike
Old 07-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I discovered the hard way you dont want to flood the engine like a zenoah to get it started. When I followed the instructions (imagine that) it started right up. Ign off, choked and 5 flips, ign on, choke off, stared about 2 or 3 flips later. Been pretty consistant since doing it by instructions. Not at all like some of my other engines. You just have to be carefull about it starting backwards. It does that frequently. Somebody else was going to change the timing a bit to see if that fixed the backward starting but I have'nt seen a reply about the results yet.
Edwin
Old 07-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Wingwrecker

Please pardon the spam but I'm broke and needing to sell off my engine. Great deal @ $165 for engine, standoffs, ignition, battery and prop.

[link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1074377]CRRC-Pro 40cc VVRC Pre-built[/link]

Thanks for your understanding...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.