Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: RC Exl Ignition Users

ORIGINAL: dubs1946

Hi if it kicks back check the timing.
Dave.
If it was the timing it would kick back all the time. I have not the time to mess with it much right now. To busy getting a lot of deck refinishing before fall. Got to many fall type things to do. Capt,n
Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Oilsands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: gkamysz

ORIGINAL: Oilsands
so wanted to confirm the number on the transistor so that I can look for a replacement that will pick up the south pole magnet.
The 04E is the one RCEXL supplies. Alegro A1104 http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Produ.../1101/1101.pdf notice it will respond to either the north or south simply depending on sensor orientation. It works almost as well with a north pole from the back side.

http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Produ...olar/index.asp

Greg
Thanks for the info. I think I may know what my issue is now but will have to try it to confirm, but will have to wait till I get another ign as the one I had I ended up replacing an ign that failed on my a couple days ago. Looking at the info it may not be the hall sensor like I was thinking.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:25 PM
captinjohn

Can the timing be different from one pick-up sensor to another brand of even the same brand.? After all it is one of the parts that determine when the spark will occure. Thanks capt,n
Old 10-01-2010, 09:10 PM
gkamysz
My Feedback: (19)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Timing will vary a little sensor to sensor. The component has tolerances and the one RCEXL uses has the widest range of all of them.

Are failures of the RCEXL that common? I thought mine died, but it was bad hall sensor wiring. I even took the cover off and observed a great big spark inside the box. I thought it was dead for sure after that, but it still works.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
captinjohn

Now back to post 99...I still have no answer where to get a magnet for my DLE30????<hr />THIS PART A REPOST #99
quote:

ORIGINAL: gkamysz

All hall efect sensors sense a magnet pole. The response (output) to the magnet pole depends on the type of sensor. A unipolar sensor like RCEXl uses responds to either pole depending on the orientation of the sensor itself. You have the correct sensor. It's very unlikely, but possible, the magnet you have is magnetized incorrectly.

OK, I just reread your posts, and see that your magnet is chipped. Replace it. A chipped or cracked magnet creates another set of magnet poles in the magnet.

Very interesting....maybe this would explain why sometimes my DLE30 would kick back bad. It seems like the only thing that helped....was to have the ignition battery at top charge...and I mean top...like full off the charger!

Next question is where do I get a magnet the exact size or replacement?????? Capt,n
Old 10-05-2010, 02:31 PM
gkamysz

Use whatever you can get. I use flat magnets epoxied into a slot in the hub.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26823.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1511460  
Old 10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
captinjohn

Just got done cutting more grass...I wish it would stop growing! I left the computer running again. What is the engine you have in the photo? Looks nice & is that a square magnet? Where do you get them? Thanks Capt,n
Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
gsmith6879
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is where I get my rare earth magnets for holding stuff on the airplane and for the occasional ignition. They have all sizes and they are cheap. The last time I ordered I got a bunch of different sizes for less that $20.

http://www.magnet4less.com/

I used to be able to get them at Radio Shack but the last time I went to my local RS they had been discontinued. May still be some in older Radio Shacks.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:59 PM
gkamysz

The engine in the picture is an Enya 46-4C. The magnet is 5x4x1mm. I buy mine at http://www.supermagnetman.com/ A thicker one may give you more distance to the sensor.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Oilsands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Just got done cutting more grass...I wish it would stop growing! I left the computer running again. What is the engine you have in the photo? Looks nice & is that a square magnet? Where do you get them? Thanks Capt,n
LOL. Ours has slowed right down to where it almost seems like it is not growing. But that means that winter (snow and cold) are comming this way soon (Nov). [sm=what_smile.gif]