RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   New SV Gassers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/6486808-new-sv-gassers.html)

SON OF PALEFACE 02-03-2008 04:28 AM

RE: New SV Gassers

The side carby one is cheaper................................

freeonthree 02-03-2008 04:37 AM

side carb SV ? or XYZ ?

freeonthree 02-03-2008 04:44 AM

I just checked Hobby City, they don't have a side carb SV 26. One of the reason we wanted the SV's is because of the rear carb design actually, the price just made it easier. We bought three 26's, but they gave us two 26's and a 50 instead. That was cool of them.

SON OF PALEFACE 02-03-2008 05:14 AM

Hey I just checked back and they've dropped the 26cc SV with the side carby , and replaced it with a XYZ 'C' spec side carby...........[X(][X(][X(][X(]

AND you dont have to ask why.....................................I told you the 'A' spec was better:D

freeonthree 02-03-2008 05:38 AM

hahaha ! ok, it must be better then, you have run both. I love my SV, but im also extremely poor, so time to correct flaws I got, money I don't. I guess when ya add the cost of getting another muffler, and making a choke, and also take into consideration that the SV26, at least mine, has sloppy spark plug threads, so it might need a time cert in a few years, who knows.
Here's a stumper... I just ordered an SPE26 muffler from BCMA for $25.00, and I paid with Pay Pal, but they didn't charge me for shipping. Thats weird...

SON OF PALEFACE 02-03-2008 05:50 AM

Ya Gota Win One Sometimes.........hahaha , like getting a 50cc instead of a 26.....................;)

freeonthree 02-03-2008 05:55 AM

Yeah, that was quite a surprize. The SV 50 is in a Pacific Aeromodels Clipped Wing Monocoupe now. Thats gunna be a nice rig.

SON OF PALEFACE 02-03-2008 06:11 AM

I got the 50cc twin , it uses the same cylinders as the SV 26 , with the side port plated over......I havent run it yet ,....................... hope its ok
one thing , the SV has 2 rings and the "A" spec has only one.........

freeonthree 02-03-2008 06:21 AM

I like the sound of that. How are the plug threads on your SV's. Mine are just a little sloppy, but shouldn't be a problem.

SON OF PALEFACE 02-03-2008 07:17 AM

I'll let you know 2morrow , right now Im going to bed

NM2K 02-03-2008 01:48 PM

ORIGINAL: SON OF PALEFACE

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

ORIGINAL: SON OF PALEFACE

I f your gonna buy one , THIS is better than the SV ...I have both..........

http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=5787

------------

Specifically, how is it better than the SV?

Ed Cregger

the difference between the two are that the XYZ is overall a better engine because mainly the carby is better matched , it responds to tuning better , I can get the idle down to the point of the engine stopping , its going that slow , it also responds better to high needle adjustments and the transition is better from low thru midrange , it also starts easier and is the same to start EVERY time , I havent tried a bigger prop on it yet , but it will turn an 16x8 at 8000...for the difference in the price why would you not get one..;):D

OhOh , I see they've DROPPED the price on the SV to $139.79 prob to sell more , the XYZ is only $32.26 dearer at $169.95[8D]

-----------

Thanks for your evaluation. Much appreciated.

I chose the SV because of the rear mounted carb. Too bad they didn't offer rear exhaust too.

I already have my SV26, so I have no choice to make. However, the SV50 is still on backorder. I thought that was the engine that we were discussing, but I guess the comments are still valid.

I'm bad for trying out low priced stuff just for hoots, but I do buy higher priced stuff upon occasion.

Good luck with your engines.

Ed Cregger

freeonthree 02-03-2008 02:54 PM

I think the SV50 is a copy of the DA 50, very close...
Nope, thats not the one, I just looked.
Anyway, the SV 50 looks very similar to one of the high quality engines out there, but I guess I forget which one now.

SON OF PALEFACE 02-03-2008 03:44 PM

Mornin all ....I just checked the 50cc twin doesnt use the same cylinders as the SV26. They look similar but are different to the 'A' speck ones , AND it has 2 rings(per piston) . The 'C' speck 26 looks like the cylinder off the SV 26 and the crankcase off the XYZ........[X(]

freeonthree 02-03-2008 04:32 PM

I think that all of these little engines come from the same place, and they just put them together for different businesses, per their wants and needs, and we get a combination of whatever, and thats fine with me. An engine is an engine, as long as the machining is accurate, port timing correct, and the metal is of decent quality, it should give you years of good service.

jstanton 02-03-2008 08:22 PM

Dennis,

You were right about richening the low end for the idle on my SV-26. I have my low end at 2 turn's out and I have an idle of 1500RPM right now with a APC 17x8 prop. The high end is at 1 1/4 turn's out and it is giving me 7500RPM with that 17x8 prop. 14lbs of thrust on my 12 3/4 lb Stinson should work just fine. I am using a electroninc kill swtich for my EI to shut it down. I sure hope the weather gets a little better so I can maiden it. I still have a very small miss at mid-range but, it is something that won't bother the way the plane fly's.:D

rfmullig 02-05-2008 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been reading all of the GREAT feedback on these engines and I am planning to mount either
the LS-26cc, Sv26-cc or the XY 26-cc on my Goldberg Sukhoi.

rfmullig 02-05-2008 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And I am planning to mount the SV 50cc on my 30% Cap. I am Hoping to keep the 80" Span Cap at less than 15lbs.
What do any of you think of the SV-50cc?

rfmullig 02-05-2008 08:55 PM

Jstanton:
You are getting 14lbs of thrust!?!?! That is FANTASTIC! This little sv-26 should be great on my 11lbs Sukhoi.
Rob-

freeonthree 02-05-2008 08:58 PM

Glad to here ya got the idle down. Thats awesome !

SON OF PALEFACE 02-06-2008 12:50 AM

BTW , I had my engines mixed up ......the 50cc twin HAS the cylinders off the 26 SV with the side ports plated over and has 2 rings;)

fay 02-06-2008 02:43 AM

Hi, meet u again SON OF PALEFACE,

I'm very keen on the 50cc Twin and please let us some input on that engine. Thinking to put it on Yak 87".

Regards.
fay

freeonthree 02-06-2008 03:11 AM

My bud is ready for his test flight with his new 50 single, but he's got a prob with the carb not puttin fuel to the engine. Maybe stuck needle or blockage. I bet it runs great. Hell have it going tomorrow.

SON OF PALEFACE 02-06-2008 03:36 AM

ORIGINAL: fay

Hi, meet u again SON OF PALEFACE,

I'm very keen on the 50cc Twin and please let us some input on that engine. Thinking to put it on Yak 87".

Regards.
fay
G'Day mate hows it hanging...still got the Seawind ???

I havent run the 50 twin yet , but Im VERY pleased with the 'A' spec 26cc goes really well . so if you can fit it I would recommend the 'A' spec 50cc single;)

driesbabe 02-06-2008 06:05 AM

Freeonthree,
I'm sorry to burst anybody’s bubble, but the reason that your friends SV50 is not pulling fuel, is more than likely the reed valves that have broken and fallen into the crankcase. Where upon the next time you flip it over they will be crunched and squished to pieces.
I myself have the 26cc and I love it, as it is smooth and reliable, but I have tested two of there 50cc's, and they have been the biggest disappointment ever, maybe I got the bad ones.
Not only did they eat one set of reeds after the other, but also when they do run, they shake so bad that any plane would self-destruct.

The 50cc twin on the other hand again was quite good and ran smooth and reliable.

freeonthree 02-06-2008 06:21 AM

OK, I will call him in a few hours and let him know what you said. Hmmm, it sucked it in fine when he misted intake. We'll see ... Thanks for the heads up. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.