Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Don Godfrey Super Stearman

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Don Godfrey Super Stearman

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2002, 02:32 PM
robt46

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don Godfrey Super Stearman

I need a few items for the Don Godfrey Super Stearman. Need the cowl, wheel pants and landing gear. Anyone familiar with this plane or if you have built one I'd appreciate a come back. I got the plans and a short kit years ago. Put it on the back burner (never should have done that. hehe) Anyway found some info on the plans and stuff,( like Reid's-they still have the plans available but no parts.) Hope somebody has built this one. Mabe you could tell me who still has the parts. Any help would be great Thanks Robt46.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:02 PM
robt46

Default Picture of Super Stearman

trying to post a pic of the Super Stearman. So far this isn't working! Guess I'm doing something wrong. Any ideas. Pixels are 660x510 which is ok? Whats with the vB codes, played around with that got confused (my natural state --doesn't take much) The IMG thing asks me for user prompt and enter text then shows an http:// prompt. I thought that was only to insert from another web page. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong. Like to post this Picture its pretty cool. Looks like its a full size aircraft. Figures, now it works!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	22677_9771.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	14203  
Old 08-23-2002, 08:25 PM
Jim Messer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are probably going to be hard pressed to find what you are looking for. About 20 years ago, I manufactured the short kits for this airplane. The cowls were ABS plastic (2 halves), but when I sold my business, that was the end of the cowls. Same for the wheel pants, which were available both in ABS plastic and fiberglass. I don't know who, if anybody, manufactured the landing gear.

It's a good airplane - make the cowl out of wood; bend the landing gear of aluminum bar stock, and try T&D Fiberglass for the wheel pants if they are still in business.

Good luck.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:52 PM
robt46

Default Super Stearman

Hi Jim, thanks for the comeback. Yeah I bought your short kit. Boy did I mess up not getting the parts from you when I had the chance. I never thought I couldn't touch it for so long. Has it been that long. Phew time flys. Thats a good idea. I guess i'm gonna have to make the stuff if nobody has anything. I don't want to put this off any longer. ( Is this why my wife says I procrastinate on everything------Naaa!-----no way! ) well mabe somebody will come up with some info. Thanks for the tip on the pants gonna contact them. By the way the quality of that short kit was supurb. Thanks. Robt.
Old 08-23-2002, 09:34 PM
wolf152
My Feedback: (13)

I think I have the two piece cowl. It's 10 1/2" Dia. ,10" long 1/8 thick.

wolf152
Old 08-23-2002, 11:17 PM
robt46

Hey Wolf, thanks for the comeback Yep thats the demensions. I"ll definately get them off you. I sent you an email. hope you get it. If not let me know and i"ll give you the particulars. Thanks again, Robt.
Old 08-23-2002, 11:54 PM
wolf152
My Feedback: (13)

Check your mail.

wolf152
Old 08-24-2002, 12:16 AM
robt46

Ok wolf gottcha Thanks, Robt.