Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Lins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

I have to agree with Ialwayscrash, everyone pretty much expects delays with a new product, but when the company doesnt keep you informed, that doesnt make a good name for them. A simple explanation would suffice.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Rod Bender

IawaysCrash,

I understand your frustration, and you've made several valid points. But how long are ya gonna beat the drum?

As Gman said, another BIG name builder released some planes late last year that had a problem with the wings leaving the plane in flight. I believe there is one for sale on this site with (possibly) this early production issue as its new in box.

Maybe Dietrich found an issue with it's wings or engine box, and THAT is the reason why we have not seen a video.... Bottom line, they are working on revs to try and assure a good product is released with their name on it.

I DO agree with you that Kevin or whomever SHOULD post something to suffice all of this...
Old 03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Ialwayscrash
My Feedback: (106)

Okay,I guess I am being a little obtuse but my main point is if they are as unconcerned about me as a customer as they are now prior to getting all my money, how concerned will they be after they have it. Good customer service entails the whole experience in dealing with a company, before, during and after the sale. I am sorry but they are failing at the before part miserably in my view and I have nothing else to go by other than the fact that they were quick to take my money. Based on my previous life experience, quick to take money and then silence, bodes ill for the consumer. I can think of 2 recent examples(Aerotech and BME) where this is or has happened. Both of those companies have had serious if not terminal damage done to their business reputations. I am trying to help not harm and until things change I will bang my drum loudly. Most will not speak out beause they are afraid of the type of criticism and ridicule that has been aimed at me already but I am willing to take it. I had and still have high hopes for their products and no intention of cancelling my order but an update now and then would ease my and many other's minds, I am sure.
Alan Clark
Old 03-08-2008, 05:48 PM
OTT

Is it too much for any RC manufacturer to test, redesign, and then wait until the boat leaves the docks in China BEFORE letting the public know what's coming? I'm sure this would give a few weeks for the buzz to build while the ship makes it's way 1/2 way around the world. That way there wouldn't be delay after delay after delay...............
Old 03-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Rod Bender

Guys...........................

Bottom line, I\We\You agreed to the discounted pre-production purchase price. Dietrich did not email, or call you asking for money. You took advantage of a pre-production discount. This pre-production customer interest is great information on a product about to be unveiled, and gives mfg's a sense of the markets interest.

The comment about proper treatment before, during and after a purchase is streamlined to products already available to the customer at the click of a mouse. The same expectations for pre-production is naive. There is always delays, setbacks, and design changes all behind the smoke and mirrors before being made available to you.

Has everything gone as planned, on either end? Hell no. But it is what it is. Your options now are to call and request a refund, which I hear is being offered\honored upon request. Or, dig in and wait a bit more... [sm=cry_smile.gif]
Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Lins

Rod Bender, you have a good point, but still, there's no reason Dietrich can't give the guys who put a deposit down a little heads up on whats going on. Who knows, maybe the company went **** up and folded, how would we know? Id hate to wait 3 months for a plane that's not coming when I could have one from another company right now...
Old 03-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Rod Bender

Point taken, and noted. I will contact Kevin and ask him to post an update. I have no influence with him, and he doesn't know me from Adam (Sorry Adam), just another customer...
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ialwayscrash

Okay,I guess I am being a little obtuse but my main point is if they are as unconcerned about me as a customer as they are now prior to getting all my money, how concerned will they be after they have it. Good customer service entails the whole experience in dealing with a company, before, during and after the sale. I am sorry but they are failing at the before part miserably in my view and I have nothing else to go by other than the fact that they were quick to take my money.
What I feel is equally or even more important, is supporting and standing behind one's product, 100%. Let's say, for example, a guy buys one of their planes and sticks it in his shop, just sitting there in a box. He decides he doesn't have time for it and sells it to a friend, still new in the box. The friend starts building it, only to later notice that the trailing edge of the rudder looks like a snake, the aileron bevels are so poorly sanded that he can only get 29 degrees of travel, and that he has two right elevators and no left elevator...
So he calls the manufacturer and talks to the owner directly. There are two options for his response:

1. "Hmmm, that's interesting. If you could send those defective products back to us (or take detailed pictures), we'd be happy to send you replacement units..."
or...
2. "Hmmm, you say you are not the origional buyer? Dang dude, sucks to be you! Good luck figuring out how to fix that stuff on your own! I have nothing to do with supporting my product after it exchanges hands, defective parts or not, purchased NIB or not - have a nice day."

What option would you prefer?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

And what option have you been given Mike?
Old 03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I don't know who Mike is, but word gets around. This didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine. He was first given option #2. But days after, and only after the owner was contacted by one of his reps/pilots who convinced the owner that this was not a good way to do business, he was called back and given option #1. This is 100% a credit to the sponsored pilot, though, IMO...
Old 03-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Well, I called and canceled my pre-order this afternoon. I had intended (based on the Feb. delivery date provided by Deitrich) on this being ready for at least PART of the IMAC season this year. Now, with delivery pushed back AGAIN to May, I'd be pushing it (with my work schedule) to get it built, tested, trimmed, and ready to go. I hope it's worth the wait for you guys who are hanging in there, but I'd rather spend my time flying than waiting. I wont even get into the whole deal about Deitrich At LEAST letting those of us who put our faith in them KNOW what has been going on. I dont care WHAT you say, that's not too much to ask of ANY reputable business. But anyway, it is what it is.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Lins

Anyone hear anything recently?
Old 03-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Ialwayscrash

You get the same old song and dance if you ask. They still haven't updated the website either[&o]
Old 03-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Lins

Yeah I know....I'm just slowly picking away at my Vario helicopter in the meantime... Bought me a black Honda CRF450R dirtbike too. Might as well have something that burns fuel this summer. At least Honda comes through .
Old 03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Rod Bender

ORIGINAL: Rod Bender

Point taken, and noted. I will contact Kevin and ask him to post an update. I have no influence with him, and he doesn't know me from Adam (Sorry Adam), just another customer...
Here is an email response I received back from Kevin dated 3-9-08, I am now under the impression that Kevin is not a man of his word(s)

Hello Greg

Thank you for your help. It is greatly appreciated. I will take a look at the post on RCU and see what I can do. I probably announced this plane a liitle to soon and trust me I learned my lesson.

Thank you, Kevin
Old 03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Lins

All we need is an explanation. The waiting part I can deal with, but it sucks with no heads up on whats going on.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 AM
young92392

The explanation is prolly something like.....
"The factory in China isn't done yet, so they aren't in the container and the container isn't on the boat, and the boat left anyway so we gotta wait another 30 days for the next boat"
Old 04-10-2008, 08:04 AM
MR G

I got an email from Kevin yesterday about the 75cc's

The container is to be shipped on April 21. They should arrive at dietrich ready for shipping to customers around May 15.

MR G
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM
Lins

God I hope so, I can't wait.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Lins

5 more days?!
Old 05-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Lins

Well, unfortunately not until the 27th now .
Old 05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Ialwayscrash

Glad I wasn't holding my breath until they shipped on the 15th
Old 05-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Ialwayscrash

Well another deadline has passed!!! Has anyone heard that their plane has shipped?
Old 05-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Lins

Nope, and I haven't bothered emailing yet.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Lins

Well, Kevin just called me and got my info. Should be shipping out in a couple days hopefully

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.