RCU Forums - View Single Post - The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: The ALL NEW Dietrich 75cc Extra 260

ORIGINAL: Ialwayscrash

Okay,I guess I am being a little obtuse but my main point is if they are as unconcerned about me as a customer as they are now prior to getting all my money, how concerned will they be after they have it. Good customer service entails the whole experience in dealing with a company, before, during and after the sale. I am sorry but they are failing at the before part miserably in my view and I have nothing else to go by other than the fact that they were quick to take my money.
What I feel is equally or even more important, is supporting and standing behind one's product, 100%. Let's say, for example, a guy buys one of their planes and sticks it in his shop, just sitting there in a box. He decides he doesn't have time for it and sells it to a friend, still new in the box. The friend starts building it, only to later notice that the trailing edge of the rudder looks like a snake, the aileron bevels are so poorly sanded that he can only get 29 degrees of travel, and that he has two right elevators and no left elevator...
So he calls the manufacturer and talks to the owner directly. There are two options for his response:

1. "Hmmm, that's interesting. If you could send those defective products back to us (or take detailed pictures), we'd be happy to send you replacement units..."
or...
2. "Hmmm, you say you are not the origional buyer? Dang dude, sucks to be you! Good luck figuring out how to fix that stuff on your own! I have nothing to do with supporting my product after it exchanges hands, defective parts or not, purchased NIB or not - have a nice day."

What option would you prefer?