Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Glow Plug Selection

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:33 PM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Glow Plug Selection

I'm looking for advice on the best glow plug to use on my OS 25, 35, and 46 AX engines. Have never changed the plugs since new and want to order some spares. I fly several times a week so it is a matter of time when one opens up and my spares are of unknown origin.

Looking at the OS #6 and OS #8 plugs, which one would be best for those engines? I like to do a lot of touch-an-go's so a good idle is required. The engines use the original mufflers with the baffle plates drilled out for less restriction. Wildcat Helimix 15% is the only fuel I use for my planes and flying ambient temperature is always between 80 and 100 degrees F. Not looking for maximum performance but do want maximum reliability. All advice appreciated.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:55 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Glow Plug Selection

Iprefer Merlin plugs and in your case I would use the 2002 or 2003 . Smaller engine usually like hotter plugs . I would choose the OS #8 from your list if forced to buy only one plug for all my needs.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:18 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

Enya #3 and McCoy MC59 are my plugs. Fox hot plugs are good too.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked the OS pages? Much information there that counts.
ORIGINAL: thailazer

I'm looking for advice on the best glow plug to use on my OS 25, 35, and 46 AX engines. Have never changed the plugs since new and want to order some spares. I fly several times a week so it is a matter of time when one opens up and my spares are of unknown origin.

Looking at the OS #6 and OS #8 plugs, which one would be best for those engines? I like to do a lot of touch-an-go's so a good idle is required. The engines use the original mufflers with the baffle plates drilled out for less restriction. Wildcat Helimix 15% is the only fuel I use for my planes and flying ambient temperature is always between 80 and 100 degrees F. Not looking for maximum performance but do want maximum reliability. All advice appreciated.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:12 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi!
OS 8 or Enya 3...but there is many more that works equally well like the Nova Rossi 4 or 4A, Rossi 3 or Merlin plugs!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Warbird40
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OS #8 is what I mostly use, they are very durable.