Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 61 carburetor fuel leak problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 05:30 PM
mmabc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 61 carburetor fuel leak problem

I have been trying to recover a 20 year old OS 61 pump engine. I disassembled the engine and carburetor to soak in fuel and clean/loosen the gunk. That worked well. I've got it reassembled and mounted inverted in a plane. It will start if I open the throttle a good bit. It will run normally at full throttle for a short bit (seems quite lean), but no chance of it idling. The problem I've noticed is that it's dumping fuel from the carburetor.

As soon as I open the needle valve, I get a steady drip/flow of fuel pouring out of the carburetor. It's got a idle mixture screw/assembly. All the manual says is adjust it only 5 degrees + or -, but no mention of where it should start. I haven't looked at it long enough to see if the mixture adjustment will stop the flow. It seemed to stop, but then it just seemed to stop altogether, regardless of the idle adjustment, so I didn't really know where I was at with it when I quit. I gave up for the evening after I realized the engine mount is loose.

Any advice or explanation would probably help.

Thanks