Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Magnum .91 2 stroke manual or parts explosion

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Magnum .91 2 stroke manual or parts explosion

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:00 AM
edolson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum .91 2 stroke manual or parts explosion

Looking for the items in the title. I've got one of these engines and the carb barrel won't budge. Just want to make sure I take it apart correctly.
Thanks,
Ed
Old 08-15-2018, 03:16 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Maybe these folks can help:https://www.justengines.co.uk/acatal...S--Spares.html

Exploded diagram for 2 stroke/cycle .91:ASP91exp.pdf

Heat and penetrating oil help, don't forget the HEAT.

Last edited by Jesse Open; 08-16-2018 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Two stroke info to replace four stroke
Old 08-18-2018, 07:41 AM
H5606

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Another vote for heat.

I keep all my engine boxes - have an early Magnum .91A (round head) - the instruction manual is a single sheet for both the .91 and 1.08 - exploded view is sparse and only shows carb as a complete assembly.

The pdf provided by Jesse Open above is more informative than what I have and may be similar if not identical to the carb.

I have mistaken congealed castor for rust or corrosion resulting in seized piston and crank and/or carb barrel.

What I've done:
If the engine is not attached to any structure, wait till wife leaves to go shopping, preheat oven to 250F, ensure no plastics attached to engine, place in oven for 10-15 minutes, remove from oven with heavy leather gloves and try moving carb barrel. While at it, attach wood prop and turn over to check/feel compression and bearing races. If engine is attached, careful use of heat-gun to direct heat where necessary has been used with success. Oil up with Marvel Mystery oil while warm and parts are free to move.
Old 03-23-2019, 02:09 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you are still looking for a new carb for your Magnum 91 2-stroke engine you can find one here:
https://www.mikegoesflying.com/produ...-stroke-parts/