Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Webra 120 Racing pumped

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 07:58 AM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Webra 120 Racing pumped

I've just picked up one of these rear exhaust Webras from the Aussie *asterisk* site for my son but I don't know anything about them. He's putting it in a pattern type model to replace the SC 1.08 because he wanted a bit more power which this should deliver. Is it basically a rear exhaust version of the Webra Speed or has the timing been altered for higher revs? It came with an unusual alloy tuned pipe which only has a very short cone before transitioning into a straight tube with a flat baffle about 4" from the rear. I've no idea if it's a Webra pipe or not. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 AM
jho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Webra 120 Racing pumped

High Downunder,

from a book about pattern flying that I own I took some figures about this engine (the one I am talking of is the red head version). It was made (in the mid/late 90ies) specially for pattern flying and for revs at around 8000, so you can operate it with low noise.
You should use about 18% synth oil and 5% nitro. With a 16x12 APC prop it will rev at about 7900, with a 16x14 at about 7300, distance from outlet to baffle at 63 and 65 cm respectively.
From what you told the pipe seems to be the original Webra pipe or a Greve pipe.

Rgds Jan