Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Evolution 61 off Alpha 60

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Camcanfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 61 off Alpha 60

Hi fellow r/c'ers little help please. I have a Evolution 61 that came off a Hanger 9 Alpha 60 RTF Airplane. I was told by a rep in email
If you remove the weight from the front end of the motor you will be removing the "trainer" aspect of the motor & should expect the same performance as the regular Evo 61
Ok so how would I get this weight off the front of the motor? What do I need to buy and where please? Thank You!
Old 04-14-2007, 07:32 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Evolution 61 off Alpha 60

The weight does not hurt the performance of the engine. It makes the engine idle better.

The only bad thing about the weight is that it makes the engine weigh more.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Camcanfly

Hi fellow r/c'ers little help please. I have a Evolution 61 that came off a Hanger 9 Alpha 60 RTF Airplane. I was told by a rep in email quote:

If you remove the weight from the front end of the motor you will be removing the "trainer" aspect of the motor & should expect the same performance as the regular Evo 61 .
Ok so how would I get this weight off the front of the motor? What do I need to buy and where please? Thank You!

I want to remove the weight...........
Old 04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
carrellh

On this page are links to the Evolution manual and exploded view of the trainer power system.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EVOE100

You don’t have to remove the weight. If you simply want to remove it, number 18 in the exploded view is what you’d remove.

All you need to buy is the prop you want to run and a spinner that is a shape you like and the right size for the front of the plane.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's like the Alpha .40/.455 all you have to do is use a bench vice and a socket.
Open the vice jaws far enough so the prop driver can be knocked out the bottom of the flywheel when you lay it across the jaws...
Use a socket that is just the right size to fit (slightly smaller than the hole in the flywheel) and tap it with a hammer to pop the prop driver out the bottom...ya follow me?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Camcanfly

Awsome Proptop, thank you I got it off. Its going on a biplane I need less weight in ft is reason its comming off.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:38 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[8D] Glad to have helped