Old 09-21-2017, 10:06 PM
SPACE COWBOY

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tom, I wish I WAS Steve Miller! Actually, I was in a C&W band by that name, years before the movie came out, but I will admit that the line.."some people call me the Space Cowboy" was the inspiration for the name! Anyway, back to the subject! With your new info, I'm saving up for one of my own! I have placed an ad here on RCU looking for one, so if anyone would like to make a deal, hit me up! I'm willing to trade up or down, plus or minus CASH for the right engine! I even have some antique IHC stuff if you're interested, Tom! My Dad was a farm equipment dealer years ago, and I restored lots of Farmalls and Internationals, and I've still got my 1937 D-2 pickup! If my memory is right, I think I've seen you on some of the old binder forums, too! I might have some rare IH, Harley-Davidson, Indian, or Hot Rod stuff to trade, if needed! "Trading goods-TONS, Cash-not so much!"

Last edited by SPACE COWBOY; 09-21-2017 at 10:09 PM. Reason: addition
Old 09-22-2017, 04:15 AM
SrTelemaster150

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by 595 View Post
I was recommended to run methanol instead of petrol or gas with the standard carb. I will start with that and see. I have been looking at the carb and intake mods people have been doing that is supposed to be better at evening up cylinder temps and smoother running but I think best to start then make changes step by step, that's half the fun anyway. What I haven't done is open it up and check the e clips on the rods--must do that!
Methanol with CDI gives you the best of both worlds. Cooler running, more HP than gas. Better fuel economy, lower reliable idle, vastly improved user friendliness and improved fuel economy compared to glow ignition.

And, despite popular myth, even though nitro will no longer be necessary for ignition, increasing nitro content will increase power output albeit at the expense of decreased fuel economy.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 09-22-2017 at 04:18 AM.

Search this Thread