Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Evolution Engines and the lack of parts support by Horizon!

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines
View Poll Results: A poll
Horizon needs to improve there support of spare parts
72.92%
Horizon stocks enough replacement parts
27.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Evolution Engines and the lack of parts support by Horizon!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Evolution Engines and the lack of parts support by Horizon!

Its the camera. Everytime I try to take a picture of it, I get reflections from the shiny brass.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Mr67Stang

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MOTORMAN37

ORIGINAL: scott17

ORIGINAL: spaceworm

ORIGINAL: blw

A few of you will notice that your posts were either deleted in full, or were edited due to flaming and name calling. If you feel like doing those things, take a deep breath, count to 1000, go run your favorite engine for a while, kick the wife, or whatever before letting your fingers run rampant on your keyboards.

Oh, thank you, finally a PC, sensitive approach to our anger management problem. I am happy for you that you did not say ''...kick the dog...'' or you would have PETA, ASPCA, and probably the NRA on your sorry butt. I may not know engines like you presume to, but I hope to be more sensitive to real world issues. I am glad my wife does not read this forum, or I would have to exercise controls to prevent that from happening (maybe I should kick her into submission). You, sir, have lost all of your credibilty with me (not that you would even care).
Democrat, I presume...?

I am proud to be a Democrat.
My dog sleeps about 20 hours a day. He has his food prepared for him. He can eat whenever he wants, 24/7/365. His meals are provided at no cost to him. He visits the Dr. once a year for his checkup, and again during the year if any medical needs arise. For this He pays nothing, and nothing is required of him. He lives in a nice neighborhood in a house that is much larger than He needs, but He is not required to do any upkeep. If He makes a mess, someone else cleans it up. He has his choice of luxurious places to sleep. He receives these accommodations absolutely free. He is living like a king, and has absolutely no expenses whatsoever. All of his costs are picked up by others who go out and earn a living every day. I was just thinking about all this, and suddenly it hit me like a brick in the head, Holy she hit (explitive modified), my dog is a DEMOCRAT!!
Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 AM
scott17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am proud to be a Democrat.

Well, that clears some things up..... You have my condolences..
Old 01-15-2010, 11:14 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a shutter button that locks the exposure and focus data until you take the pic? I have to use mine all the time.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
PulseXT40

If Horizon's support is so bad then why did you buy their engine.

The .60NX is brand new for crying out loud. Why would you need parts for it anyways.

Look at all the other engines on Horizon's website they all have parts in stock. Once this engine is on the market for a while they will come.

Compare the prices of Evolution parts to OS engine parts. The OS engine parts are 2 to 3 times more expensive.

You are not going to find a company with better customer support.

Have a nice day,
Old 01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Iflyglow

ORIGINAL: PulseXT40

If Horizon's support is so bad then why did you buy their engine.

The .60NX is brand new for crying out loud. Why would you need parts for it anyways.

Look at all the other engines on Horizon's website they all have parts in stock. Once this engine is on the market for a while they will come.

Compare the prices of Evolution parts to OS engine parts. The OS engine parts are 2 to 3 times more expensive.

You are not going to find a company with better customer support.

Have a nice day,

Why don't you start out by reading the posts, then maybe you would understand why I wanted some spare parts. I do agree with you on the OS prices, and then again if you would have read the posts you would have seen that I commented on that too!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Pete Bergstrom

I went to order a new piston and sleeve for my New Evolution .60NX (Since I played with the stock one), and found out that they are backordered untill April. I had a conversation with Horizon over the phone concerning the fact they are marketing an engine with next to no spares available. They do not have the case, head, bearings, or Piston and sleeve, gasket's, Carb, Head shims or pretty much anything available at the moment. I have to say that this is the worst parts availability I have come across in RC. I ended up ordering another .60NX to have spare parts if I need them. I even went as far as asking if they would sell me a sleeve assy from another engine. The lame excuse that I was on the phone was that it is a New product and parts are not useally available for them untill the factory catches up.[X(]
Motorman,

This is entirely our fault and I apologize for causing the angst you are experiencing trying to get the parts you want to buy. We simply screwed up on the parts with our initial order. We normally do have them on hand the day we ship the first order but that didn't happen this time. We had some systemic errors that caused the problems on this and the new 82B engines but these have been addressed and I hope this same issue will not occur again. (note - I said 'hope' and same' issue. After all - at the end of the day Horizon is made up of human beings).

On a good note, I have been traveling in China for the past two weeks and visited with the factory and they have a rush order of parts leaving by the end of this month to help with this situation.

Again, I apologize and this is not our normal way to do business.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pete Bergstrom

I went to order a new piston and sleeve for my New Evolution .60NX (Since I played with the stock one), and found out that they are backordered untill April. I had a conversation with Horizon over the phone concerning the fact they are marketing an engine with next to no spares available. They do not have the case, head, bearings, or Piston and sleeve, gasket's, Carb, Head shims or pretty much anything available at the moment. I have to say that this is the worst parts availability I have come across in RC. I ended up ordering another .60NX to have spare parts if I need them. I even went as far as asking if they would sell me a sleeve assy from another engine. The lame excuse that I was on the phone was that it is a New product and parts are not useally available for them untill the factory catches up.[X(]
Motorman,

This is entirely our fault and I apologize for causing the angst you are experiencing trying to get the parts you want to buy. We simply screwed up on the parts with our initial order. We normally do have them on hand the day we ship the first order but that didn't happen this time. We had some systemic errors that caused the problems on this and the new 82B engines but these have been addressed and I hope this same issue will not occur again. (note - I said 'hope' and same' issue. After all - at the end of the day Horizon is made up of human beings).

On a good note, I have been traveling in China for the past two weeks and visited with the factory and they have a rush order of parts leaving by the end of this month to help with this situation.

Pete, where Evolution engines always made in China?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM
Pete Bergstrom

Broken Wings,Our Glow engines have always been made in China and our Gas engines are mode for us by MVVS in the Czech Republic.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Iflyglow

ORIGINAL: Pete Bergstrom

Motorman,

I hope this never happens again, and that Horizon learns something from this. I had to buy a complete engine to have parts available if I needed them, since I had planned on running it with both configurations. A $26 Cylinder Assy would have beeen cheaper than the $149 engine that I purchased. If I new for sure that I could get a Cylinder sooner than Late April (Website) I would sell the extra engine. I sure hope this engine is as Good as Horizon is marketing it to be.

Evolution .60NX Parts that are Backorderd

BB, Rear (Open Race): 52NX, 60NX
$7.99 [EVO052110]

Back Ordered

Screw Set, Engine: 52NX, 60NX
$2.99 [EVO052901]

Back Ordered
-
Crankcase: 60NX
$14.40 [EVO060101]

Back Ordered

Cylinder Head: 60NX
$4.71 [EVO060103]

Back Ordered

Cylinder Head Shim: 60NX
$0.31 [EVO060112]

Back Ordered

Cylinder Liner and Piston Set (ABC): 60NX
$26.19 [EVO060203]

Back Ordered

Gasket Set (Engine): 60NX
$0.47 [EVO060416]

Back Ordered

Complete Carburetor: 60NX
$31.43 [EVO060801]

Back Ordered

Carburetor Body and Spray Bar: 60NX
$8.38 [EVO060863]

Back Ordered

Muffler-E46601:A
$14.24 [EVO100601]

Back Ordered
Old 01-22-2010, 10:41 PM
summerwind

going out on a limb here, and i certainly mean no disrespect, but Motorman,
did your new motor break?
i mean really, Horizon shouldn't be held accountable for someone buying a brand new motor and then tearing it down to do some grinding work on it and then deciding that the seller should have parts on hand to replace what might be ruined before the new motor was even run.

it's your business to do whatever you want with anything you buy, but Horizon is a great place to buy from.
if you had bought this motor, run it right away and something broke, and they didn't have parts, then i would totally agree with you that they should be accountable to replace the engine..................but you haven't as yet put fuel in it.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Iflyglow

Summerwind,
I purchased the engine and did the mods, and will run it when I get around to it (Weather permitting). I just wanted to PURCHASE a New sleeve to have on hand. I also had full intentions on testing both (STOCK & MOD). I also mean no dissrespect to you either, but why on earth would you put something on the market with NO SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE FOR MONTHS. Horizon fell on the SWORD with this engine, and that opinion is not going to change with me. This is no different than going to your local dealer, and buying a new car, to then find out that there are no parts available for months.[X(] If you look at the poll numbers, it is the General opinion that they need to Beef up there parts support. I never stated anywhere that they are not an nice company to deal with in other aspects.
Old 01-23-2010, 04:39 AM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

Over $111 parts for a $149 engine. I have never needed that many parts for any engine. I'm thinking a Jett is very reasonable at this point. I wish you the best with your project.

turbo
Old 01-23-2010, 06:59 AM
freakingfast

The up side is, if you have a warranty issue they can't repair it, so they have to give you a whole new engine
Old 01-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Iflyglow

ORIGINAL: turbo.gst

Over $111 parts for a $149 engine. I have never needed that many parts for any engine. I'm thinking a Jett is very reasonable at this point. I wish you the best with your project.

turbo

I never said I needed all of those parts. I only wanted a Spare Cylinder /Piston. I was only pointing out the fact that they have every part unique to the .60NX on backorder.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:14 AM
blw

It was a good thing to read what Pete Bergstrom had to say about the parts situation. Most places would just ignore the thread.

Okay, we have heard from Horizon on the official reason for the parts mistakes. Let's move on now. This is getting close to manufacturer bashing.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:36 PM
Iflyglow

No bashing going on here. I was stating the facts since the .60NX was put on the Market 09/09.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This thread goes to show that you need to be careful what you say on the Internet.

I've read this from the beginning and what Motorman says in the previous two posts is what he has said the entire thread but many are taking his words differently.

Horizon will have spare parts eventually.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM
turbo.gst
My Feedback: (8)

I never thought you needed all the parts, but IF I was to spend that much money, I woud bring home a entire new engine! In this case it would be a Jett. Like I said, Good luck with your project.

turbo
Old 01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Iflyglow

[color=#FF0000]
ITS A WINNER

I had time and the weather was permitting (35 deg F) to get it fired up, and all I can say is wow. The little cleaning up of the ports, and crank really returned some good numbers. I ran two 16 oz tanks through it today, and recorded 15,520 not even really pushing it hard, which I then backed it off to 15,200 and let it get some time on it. I was running a APC 10-8, Jett Stream Muffler, on WC 20/20 (only partially open gallon of fuel on hand with an aditional 3 oz's of castor oil, and the stock plug. The engine ran awesome and acted like it does not really need anymore running in since it easily held a needle setting. I plan on now eliminating one shim and running it on 10% in the Sundowner this spring. I was pretty sure it would respond to the dremel, but was not 100% sure, that is why I was looking to purchase a spare cylinder and liner. The saga is over, and I now have an extra .60NX in the box. Feel free to PM me.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
blw

Use an A3 plug.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Iflyglow

If I wanted a Jett, believe me I would have bought one. This thread was never about which engine is better or which one should I have purchased. it was instead about the same thing I mentioned from the beginning (No spare parts are availableat the moment).
Old 01-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Iflyglow

I will try that next, but the engine responded in an awesome way. It would sit there and idle at 2,300 for 30-45 seconds and transition to WOT with no hesitation what so ever.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
summerwind

this is great news...how did the stock version compare?
did it turn the same numbers or more?.or less?

if your modified version turned more, i'd be happy to buy one and send it to you for the mods.....paid job of course[8D]

Old 01-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Iflyglow

Summerwind,
I am not going to run the stock one, since I will be parting company with it since I will not need parts now. My flying buddy says I should keep it so I do not have to buy another one when I am looking for the lost one (sarcastic for how the Sundowner is going to fly with it). I would have a hard time believing that the stock one would turn like this one does considering the cleaning up was not going to make it worse. I wanted to run my buddies stock one, but he said his neighbors would probaly call the cops if we kept on running engines. It is extremely loud in town @ those RPM's with the Jett Muffler. The stock muffler that is shipped with the .60NX is the same PN# that was shipped with .40NT-.46NT. It indeed is a .40 size muffler and looks really restricting for a .60.[X(] Most people will probably never use the stock muffler, since the Destruction manual recommends a MAC'S Pipe for best performance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.