RCU Forums - View Single Post - Evolution Engines and the lack of parts support by Horizon!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Evolution Engines and the lack of parts support by Horizon!

[color=#FF0000]
ITS A WINNER

I had time and the weather was permitting (35 deg F) to get it fired up, and all I can say is wow. The little cleaning up of the ports, and crank really returned some good numbers. I ran two 16 oz tanks through it today, and recorded 15,520 not even really pushing it hard, which I then backed it off to 15,200 and let it get some time on it. I was running a APC 10-8, Jett Stream Muffler, on WC 20/20 (only partially open gallon of fuel on hand with an aditional 3 oz's of castor oil, and the stock plug. The engine ran awesome and acted like it does not really need anymore running in since it easily held a needle setting. I plan on now eliminating one shim and running it on 10% in the Sundowner this spring. I was pretty sure it would respond to the dremel, but was not 100% sure, that is why I was looking to purchase a spare cylinder and liner. The saga is over, and I now have an extra .60NX in the box. Feel free to PM me.