Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

WACO YMF

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Nightstalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: funkymusic

This thread has it all maybe I've played too many sports, or it could be I'm an not-too-old-Jarhead that I enjoy the humor that goes on here. I filter the informative posts from the laughable ones.

Just Great... It's bad enough we've got a Navy Master Chief, an Air Force Lt., an ARMY Doggie... now Jarheads??? Well, that's what I call a Joint Service mission. Gotta find a Coastie out there.

What you do in the Jar-rines FM?

Nightstalker

Doggie 47

Old 03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nightstalker

This thread has it all maybe I've played too many sports, or it could be I'm an not-too-old-Jarhead that I enjoy the humor that goes on here. I filter the informative posts from the laughable ones.

Just Great... It's bad enough we've got a Navy Master Chief, an Air Force Lt., an ARMY Doggie... now Jarheads??? Well, that's what I call a Joint Service mission. Gotta find a Coastie out there.

Nightstalker

Doggie 47

Coastie???? Not hardly!!!! They got wheels on the bottom of their boats.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Okay, Here is the roster to date.

WACO BROTHERHOOD MEMBERSHIP:

#1 stickbuilder
#2 Hughes500E
#3 Jim Henley
#4 mmattockx
#5 CTflyboy
#6 michaelj2k
#7 Ronj10
#8 gwulle
#9 jim schroer
#10 Skinny Bob
#11 Bart5495
#12 Pimmnz
#13 HarryJ
No. 14 Old Git
#15 ChrisMH
#16 Nerevar
#17 Ricatic
#18 Clay H.
#19 Tripp2Loo
#20 KHodges
#21 Bill Hogue (WACO One)
#22 Mangolo (Waldo)
#23 av8ter
#24 yel914
#25 damifino
#26 skylarkmk1
#27 Jacque
#28 Edwin
#29 AROPLANE
#30 CubNut (Anthony)
#31 BQuartucy (Bob Q)
#32 AERORON
#33 funkymusic
#34 RCOutlaw

#47 Todd (NightStalker)

#66 Mobyal

Okay funkymusic. You are now officially Brother #33, and are entitled to add the Brotherhood signature to all your RCU and other correspondence.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 03-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Live Wire

Well since you have twisted my arm. I have one of the old PICA YMF 3s that I have had for a lots of years and you ask if I wanted to join! well sign me up. It is so old I am restoreing It. And what does your soninlaw have for a hobby
Old 03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Stickbuilder

ORIGINAL: RC Outlaw

Well since you have twisted my arm. I have one of the old PICA YMF 3s that I have had for a lots of years and you ask if I wanted to join! well sign me up. It is so old I am restoreing It. And what does your soninlaw have for a hobby
You are signed up. You are now WACO Brother #34. Welcome, and I hope that you do well with your restoration.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 03-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Stickbuilder

To: All Brothers.

I called the printer's today, and they have promised to have the parts templates finished this week. As soon as I have them in my hands, I will start mailing them out to each of you. I apologize for the delay, but I am getting a deal on the printing, so I can't be too pushy.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
funkymusic

Nightstalker
Doggie 47
-The Marines were very good to me. They helped pay my way through college and was a greater help in buying my first home. I was a Reservist. My billet was a box kicker on the air wing side of house out of MALS-49 NAS Willow Grove, PA. My unit was called up during the first Gulf War and I was fortunate to have stayed states side --in lovely Cherry Point, NC. Where I was able to swoop home on the weekends. I achieved the lofty rank of Coporal, and every Thursday is Field Day in my house.

"Okay funkymusic. You are now officially Brother #33, and are entitled to add the Brotherhood signature to all your RCU and other correspondence. " -Stickbuilder

-Thanks Master Chief, now I gotta get my hands on a 1/6 Waco kit, I'm looking but all I find are ARFs and I like to build. I'd be grateful if someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction I'll get on it.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Live Wire

Stickbuilder
Thank for what you ar doing . I have no active service but my youngest was a member of the RED RIPERS F14 s at fallon and in the Iran conflict.
One Old codger to another
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
Nightstalker

-Thanks Master Chief, now I gotta get my hands on a 1/6 Waco kit, I'm looking but all I find are ARFs and I like to build. I'd be grateful if someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction I'll get on it.
Chuck - You seem awfully motivated for an Ol' Leatherneck . You're in the right place if WACO building direction is what you're after. Thats what this li'l ol' thread is all about. You're not gonna be able to find a kit (for cheap), but if building from plans and parts templates is of interest, definitely hang here. Once you cut your own kit using a plan and parts templates... oh the ADDICTION!!! Or do the Air Force thing and get the ARF and un-ARF it to your taste and expertise. I'd vote for building from Master Chiefs templates... but that's an Ol' ARMY Doggie for ya.

Welcome aboard Jar-eeeeeen

Nightstalker

Doggie 47
Old 03-27-2007, 09:44 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd vote for building from Master Chiefs templates...

Same here, if I had it to do over. Time I get finished with this thing, won't be much left of the original.

We got us a great task force now. The Marines have Landed. We got Nightskulker, er Stalker, can drop us in on a dime and give you back 25 cents in change, a Master Chief that can do................whatever it is that Master Chiefs do, a Marine to make the fightin' look easy, and an Air force medic to sew up the rips and tears, or haul you off to the boneyard.

Welcome to the Machine, funkymusic; we'll boogaloo 'til we puke.

USAF Aeromedical Evacuation Slogan: You Maul 'Em, We Haul 'Em
Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Ricatic

Brothers,

When this work thing gets to be a drag, I always know that quality entertainment, provided by the Brotherhood, is only a few mouse clicks away. .
Old 03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Nightstalker

ORIGINAL: khodges

I'd vote for building from Master Chiefs templates...

Same here, if I had it to do over. Time I get finished with this thing, won't be much left of the original.

We got us a great task force now. The Marines have Landed. We got Nightskulker, er Stalker, can drop us in on a dime and give you back 25 cents in change, a Master Chief that can do................whatever it is that Master Chiefs do, a Marine to make the fightin' look easy, and an Air force medic to sew up the rips and tears, or haul you off to the boneyard.

Welcome to the Machine, funkymusic; we'll boogaloo 'til we puke.

USAF Aeromedical Evacuation Slogan: You Maul 'Em, We Haul 'Em
Twenty-five cents is a LOT of money when it's totally dark outside... however, might I intereset you in some fresh Tennessee grown corn, fried chicken and... well, we won't bring up the sheep thing again... [8D] OR THE BARN ROOF... we wuz just trainin' sheeeees! (Light sleepers... don't wanna wake up the Torpedo Man... or his dogs... or his wife )

'tis good to joke when you're waitin' for glue to set up... planning your next assault - SEMPER FI (if'n that's how you spell it...)DAMN the Torpedos... FULL Speed ahead - AYE... "Off we go... into the Wild Blue Yonder... (Just For you, Lt. )

Todd (Nightskulker)

Doggie 47
Old 03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Stickbuilder

I got the fuel port set up last evening. It's one of those occasions when you work your tootie off, and it's hard to tell that you have accomplished anything. I'll try to post some pics tonight.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
bart5495

Master Chief:
Ok I have three coats of nitrate dope cut with thinner, sanded between each coat. How do you adhere the fabric when it overlays on the trailing edge? Do you reaply dope again ontop of the fabric.
I know you going to start covering soon but would appreciate a note back with your expert knowledge.

Doug

Waco Brotherhood #11
Old 03-28-2007, 07:50 PM
Stickbuilder

Just brush the thinner over the covering material and rub it in to the doped framework with the ball of your finger. It will quickly set up, and you can move to a new area.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1
Old 03-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Jim Henley

Where in the hell did everyone go? I have never seen this thread where someone didn't post something at least once during the day?!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
ctflyboy
My Feedback: (3)

Jim,
How are you? Haven't heard from you in a while, have you got that Waco all set up ?
when will she fly?

George
WACO Brotherhood # 5
Old 03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
khodges

ORIGINAL: Jim Henley

Where in the hell did everyone go? I have never seen this thread where someone didn't post something at least once during the day?!
We all went cruisin' last night in 'Stalker's overgrown eggbeater, blowin' off barn roofs and tryin' to impress his ovine girlfriends.
Baa-hhd Boys, Baa-hhd Boys, Whatcha gonna do........?

We came, we saw, we kicked their.........., we boogaloo'd, we puked, and we slept it off today.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Nightstalker

ORIGINAL: Jim Henley

We all went cruisin' last night in 'Stalker's overgrown eggbeater, blowin' off barn roofs and tryin' to impress his ovine girlfriends.
Baa-hhd Boys, Baa-hhd Boys, Whatcha gonna do........?

We came, we saw, we kicked their.........., we boogaloo'd, we puked, and we slept it off today.

OK - The BIG BAAAAD ***** Eggbeater blowin' off barn roofs I'll"fess up to... the fried chickens and fresh corn... can't deny it... Ovines... I plead the fifth (there was five ya know)... but an ARMY Doggie puke....? NEVER.

Worked all day and I've been out in the shop all afternoon playin' with Nitrate dope and a brand new 5yd bag of Koverall... You been Koverin' Lt? Or are you still hung over from last night Get MOTIVATED (Sir)!

Doggie 47
Old 03-29-2007, 10:09 PM
khodges

but an ARMY Doggie puke....? NEVER.

You been Koverin' Lt?

Well, Somebody had to drive; only thing I've covered today has been my arse I always watch my "six", especially around Army chopper pilots

I did clean my workbench off this evening. It gets these terrible messes on it, can't figure out where they come from. All the pieces parts are sanded and ready, the scissors are sharp, the iron gets hot and I have enough Koverall and Stix-it to do a full-scale WACO (I bought the giant economy size roll). No work on Saturday, means I can stay up to the wee hours tomorrow night. The camera memory is empty and it has new batteries. I can't think of anything else that needs doing to the internals of the plane; I think I'm ready.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:23 PM
Nightstalker

but an ARMY Doggie puke....? NEVER.

You been Koverin' Lt?

Well, Somebody had to drive; only thing I've covered today has been my arse I always watch my "six", especially around Army chopper pilots
Lt. - I wasn't a pilot - sat in the rear of the "bus" playin' with my "gun" and "smackin" around Chief Warrant Officers when they needed it... sound familiar??? I was a NON Comissioned Officer (Flight Engineer)... so I didn't need an act of Congress to get a Flight Suit (albeit, oil stained and not very sexy... less'n you're a sheep).

I'm starting to like this Koverall stuff... reminds me of the dope and tissue jobs I used to do on my C/L planes as a kid... you should see me with MonoKote... looks like an Air Force Lt. makin' luv to a football...

Nightstalker

Doggie 47
Old 03-29-2007, 10:46 PM
khodges

Lt. - I wasn't a pilot - sat in the rear of the "bus" playin' with my "gun"
I guess anyone who could hang on in the back of one of those things and not lose their lunch occasionally has to be pretty good. And I suppose "playing with your gun" didn't fully distract you from having to fire your M-60, did it?

There were too many other objects to bestow affection on to worry about footballs. 60% of my squadron was female; pretty good odds for after you'd landed and offloaded. More than one reason the zipper on a flightsuit operates in both directions.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Nightstalker

Lt. - I wasn't a pilot - sat in the rear of the "bus" playin' with my "gun"
And I suppose "playing with your gun" didn't fully distract you from having to fire your M-60, did it? . More than one reason the zipper on a flightsuit operates in both directions.
No M-60's in the 160th... Mini-Guns... kinda like a gattling gun... 6 barrels... 7.62mm... to the tune of 50 to 100 rounds per second (do the math Lt.) Say CHEESE. Lotta lead... but FAST... yeah... watch your "six"... what's left of it!

Sheeps dig omni-directional zippers...[8D]

Out Here, Sir... less'n you feel like drinkin'???

Nightstalker

Doggie 47
Old 03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
funkymusic

Oh boy do I want one NOW. I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over 4 years and my building skills far out pace my flying, which is okay, I’m in it for the long haul. I’m going for my master in finance which will wrap up in a couple of months, and then there’s family time which is very important especially with my two darlings 8 and 6, and much more. But I enjoy it all, right now I transitioning from my high trainers to my Mid * 40. So I’m a ways from bipes, but I ache to build.

All that to say, if the Master Chief would make the plans he building from available, I’d like to be on the distribution list. I’m going to start off building a Hog bipe before I go into the WACO.

BTW, I remember when I was in boot camp, my oldest brother who was a squid would write, “The only good Marine was a SUBmarine!” I would catch hell from my Drill Instructors for it. A Marine cousin of mine gave me a good comeback, “Once a sub went out with 78 sailors on board, it returned with 39 couples!” I caught hell from my dad who was also a squid.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Stickbuilder

Oh boy do I want one NOW. I’ve only been in the hobby for a little over 4 years and my building skills far out pace my flying, which is okay, I’m in it for the long haul. I’m going for my master in finance which will wrap up in a couple of months, and then there’s family time which is very important especially with my two darlings 8 and 6, and much more. But I enjoy it all, right now I transitioning from my high trainers to my Mid * 40. So I’m a ways from bipes, but I ache to build.

All that to say, if the Master Chief would make the plans he building from available, I’d like to be on the distribution list. I’m going to start off building a Hog bipe before I go into the WACO.

BTW, I remember when I was in boot camp, my oldest brother who was a squid would write, “The only good Marine was a SUBmarine!” I would catch hell from my Drill Instructors for it. A Marine cousin of mine gave me a good comeback, “Once a sub went out with 78 sailors on board, it returned with 39 couples!” I caught hell from my dad who was also a squid.
And you expect me to make anything available to you?????

Well, actually, I wanted to be a Marine, or an Army Aviator, or an Air Farce Scout, but I screwed up....I passed the GCT/ARI (ASFAB to you punk kids), plus I didn't qualify in the first place... My parents were married (to each other). You still have a lot of Stuff to eat to get a set of those parts templates from me, there Bucky.....[8D]

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1

and that's TMCM(SS) U.S.N. (Ret)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.