Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC
Reload this Page >

Kraft Series 75 Single stick txhelp!

Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Kraft Series 75 Single stick txhelp!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 11:19 PM
kcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraft Series 75 Single stick txhelp!

Hi,
I was given a Series 75, 7ch. single stick, and would like to get it back in working shape. The unit has three loose wires that go onto/near the antenna. There's a gray wire that goes from the outer edge of the pc board to a screw that goes into the top of the case. This wire fits into a slot in the black plastic antenna housing.
The other two are white wires. One appears to go from the board near a choke to a screw that retains the bottom part of the antenna. The second white wire is where my biggest question comes from. It looks like one end attaches somwhere on the board, and the other end goes somewhere on the antenna/housing.
Does anyone have a picture of a sinigle stick unit of this vintage that can help me trace where these go? I know the Series 76 has a different meter and wiring(with a plug-in module)I flew one last weekend in a foamy! I think they were the same from 72-75.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Kevin
Old 07-07-2010, 05:36 AM
iflyj3
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Kraft Series 75 Single stick txhelp!

If you don't get an answer here try the Vintage RC group at http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/vrcs
Old 07-07-2010, 04:14 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

kcc, there was a significate change in Kraft radios between Series 75 and the Bicentenial Series 76 Kraft radios. In 1976 Kraft went to modular rf sections which were used in all later radios. Those and later systems could be converted to the new 72 mhz frequencies that were introduced circa 1980 replacing to old 75 mhz frequencies by buying new Tx and Rx rf modules. Those new modules were also narrow banded and had no problem being gold stickered in the early '90s. I doubt that your radio can be made legal today. You might check with Radio South to see what they can do. I know because I have a Series '73 that is useless and a Series '76 I am still flying with.

Bruce
Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 PM
maxpower1954

I have a 1969 Heathkit GD-19, which is basically a kit version of the Kraft Gold Medal Series that was narrow-banded by Kraft South 20 years ago, which I fly my Twin Skylark 56 with. So it is possible, or was! Russ Farris
Old 07-07-2010, 10:08 PM
TFF

Actually I have a 73 that is narrow band, so it can be done; it just has to be done to the board. Radio South, or if you can get a hold of Pete Waters, can do it. I thought the white wire ran from the board through the meter to the ant but that is my questionable memory. My 73 is the last non modular radio I have; I sold my 75s
Old 08-01-2010, 12:45 AM
CrocEnd

I still have a working 72 series 6 ch., I dont have the RX but others work Here in aussie its on 29mgs.
did a mod years ago for crystal changing.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
rv7driver
My Feedback: (105)

Call Tony @ radio south, he can convert your kraft to 2.4 GHZ and use I believe futaba receiver 2.4 can be used 1-800-962-7802 www.radiosouthrc.com He is a great guy to talk to. Pete