RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/)
-   -   WACO YMF (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/golden-age-vintage-antique-rc-196/4058627-waco-ymf.html)

dadrivet 09-04-2012 03:16 PM

RE: WACO YMF

dont know if anybody else is still having problems.i can't tell now as i no longer seem to be getting email's

Dash7ATP 09-04-2012 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: dadrivet

dont know if anybody else is still having problems.i can't tell now as i no longer seem to be getting email's
I'm still getting emails, but Ican't get into this site through the email links. I wish they would fix this Da_n problem!

Ihave some photos Iwant to post, but I'm not even going to try until it's fixed.

Joe

WacoNut 09-04-2012 06:09 PM

Posting pics does not seem to be a problem lately.
As far as linking thru e-mails I do not know as I never follow the e-mail links, I have links for the different forums saved in my favorites and I just go thru the main menu. Some threads like this one get so much traffic it will fill your inbox. When a thread starts getting that busy I remove my subscription to stop the mails and I just stop in each day and check for new post.
Later!!
Anthony

rccrasher65 09-04-2012 09:11 PM

Martin, the problem is still there, nobody really posting ,only a few .

Stickbuilder 09-07-2012 03:34 AM

When I got home yesterday, I had just a little mowing left to do. Finished that, and took a plane out of the shop and went flying. Dead calm on the ground, but 100 feet up, it was gusty as all get out. Still a windy day flying is better than a calm day sitting on yer arse. Hopefully everyone is doing okay. Sorry about the site problems, don't know what's up with that.

Bill, Waco Brother #1

rccrasher65 09-07-2012 09:14 AM

Bill, Hope you had a good day of flying. I have been pressing RCU for a fix on the site problem. What I got so far is that the url's are changing on there own, the url that is coming up for our forum is actually a url for a dura trax car forum on rcu. The tech I have been in contact has told me the problem has been given to the IT people, so hopefully the problem will eventually be solved, my suggestion would be to get as many brothers to place a trouble ticket in with rcu, that may light a fire under some butts. If they don't get trouble tickets they don't know whats going on. The squeeky wheel gets the oilall the time. George

rcjunky67 09-08-2012 03:46 AM

hey , whats a trouble tickett?

rccrasher65 09-08-2012 07:55 AM

Robert, go to the top of the page, you will see help me, click on the and it will take you to all the it problems. they do not describe our perticular problem but you will find a spot where you can explain what is going on. tell them you can't open your email links to this forum. then send. an IT person will get back to you through email.

ORIGINAL: rcjunky67

hey , whats a trouble tickett?

WacoCabinaero 09-08-2012 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Plans for the Pica YMF 1/6th scale

WacoCabinaero 09-08-2012 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Plans for 1/5th scale Pica Waco

WacoCabinaero 09-08-2012 04:57 PM

Plans for 1/5th scale Pica Waco http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3269

Plans for 1/6th scale Pica Waco http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3182

anyone with an inkjet can use a on line tiling service

http://www.lucubration.com/pdf-tile-printer

to use their inkjet to print off a copy and the patterns that accompany the fifth scale can be reduced for the the sixth scale.

ceije 09-09-2012 04:11 AM

to all, if your looking for the pica plans and having trouble with the web site AMA has the 1/6, and the 1/5 scale in stock along with the patterns that Stickbuilder submitted centuries ago. if your looking for larger plans they AMA can blow the 1/5 scale up tp whatever you want. Greg, who works this dept. has a new copier that does the enlargements without distorsions. both dan and i have the 1/4 90in. wingspan blowup of which he is building as we speak and i also have a set blown to 1/3 scale about 122in. wingspan for a future project.

Happy hunting

Chris Melhus, ceije 196

skypup50 09-09-2012 04:38 AM

I found and won a 1/5 Waco in pristine condition yesterday on ebay . I have a new saito FG-21 gas engine I've just broken in and will being flying on a 120 Spacewalker II. I may be able to use it on the Waco. I'm excited about the find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150893742747...#ht_500wt_1414

rc_wings 09-10-2012 07:01 PM

Just in case anyone is interested...there is a 1/5 scale Pica kit on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waco-YMF-3-G...04%26rk%3D4%26

georgewaldrop 09-10-2012 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: ceije

to all, if your looking for the pica plans and having trouble with the web site AMA has the 1/6, and the 1/5 scale in stock along with the patterns that Stickbuilder submitted centuries ago. if your looking for larger plans they AMA can blow the 1/5 scale up tp whatever you want. Greg, who works this dept. has a new copier that does the enlargements without distorsions. both dan and i have the 1/4 90in. wingspan blowup of which he is building as we speak and i also have a set blown to 1/3 scale about 122in. wingspan for a future project.

Happy hunting

Chris Melhus, ceije 196
Chris,

Do you recall, offhand, what the charge was for the "blown up" plans? I have the 1/6 plans I snagged off the internet somewhere long ago, as well as the 1/5 scale information and plans I snagged off the MOY site long ago...I also have a 1/5 scale PICA Kit yet to build, but am very interested in building a 1/4 or 1/3 scale version down the road...Thanks in advance for the info! :D

ceije 09-11-2012 04:29 AM

ORIGINAL: georgewaldrop

ORIGINAL: ceije

Happy hunting

Chris Melhus, ceije 196
Chris,

Do you recall, offhand, what the charge was for the ''blown up'' plans? I have the 1/6 plans I snagged off the internet somewhere long ago, as well as the 1/5 scale information and plans I snagged off the MOY site long ago...I also have a 1/5 scale PICA Kit yet to build, but am very interested in building a 1/4 or 1/3 scale version down the road...Thanks in advance for the info! :D

George, As i recall they printed both a 1/4 and a 1/3 scale copy plus all the patterns and Dan Hudson's wing modification ribs, if i remember correctly for 135.00 shipping included. They were rolled and in a tube. Please keep in mind it takes time for these plans to be printed due to the size if you order have patience. Make sure you tell Greg you want the patterns and Dan's rib mods. sometimes they forget.
Good Luck and happy scratch building.[8D][8D]

Chris Melhus ceije 196

"Sometimes you have to build it a little wrong, to make it look right."-DAVE PLATT-

kvlasblom 09-11-2012 09:18 AM

Hi everyone, I have a question. As written on my WACO SRE thread:

The brackets have been completed and the left N-strut has now also been made. That took some time as everything had to been measured, checked and re-checked etc. But it fits beautifully.
I can now go ahead and design/make the flying wires (or are they landing wires?). Does anyone happen to know the thickness and width of the full-scale ones?

I was thinking of making them out of a firm material, such as carbonfibre rods, which could then be fixed at one end and then the other end could simply be pushed into a piece of fuel tubing in the wing to hold it in place...

Dash7ATP 09-11-2012 10:52 AM

ORIGINAL: kvlasblom

Hi everyone, I have a question. As written on my WACO SRE thread:

The brackets have been completed and the left N-strut has now also been made. That took some time as everything had to been measured, checked and re-checked etc. But it fits beautifully.
I can now go ahead and design/make the flying wires (or are they landing wires?). Does anyone happen to know the thickness and width of the full-scale ones?

I was thinking of making them out of a firm material, such as carbonfibre rods, which could then be fixed at one end and then the other end could simply be pushed into a piece of fuel tubing in the wing to hold it in place...
Check out this site: http://www.mickreevesmodels.co.uk/~m...es/p2bipe.html They hae the flat wire is several sizes for your wires, as well as the fork ends for attachment. Some of the items may be hard to find, so look over the sie well.

Joe

kvlasblom 09-11-2012 10:56 AM

Thank you Joe.
The trouble is, I'm not sure which size I would then need. Secondly, my wires have to go through the wing surface and the attachment has to be entirely hidden as on the 1:1. I believe that the Mick Reeve's wires have to be kept under tension when installed, which will complicate the installation, no?

Dash7ATP 09-11-2012 12:22 PM

Thank you Joe.
The trouble is, I'm not sure which size I would then need. Secondly, my wires have to go through the wing surface and the attachment has to be entirely hidden as on the 1:1. I believe that the Mick Reeve's wires have to be kept under tension when installed, which will complicate the installation, no?
I'm not sure about the wires having to be kept under tension. I don't remember reading about that anywhere. In any case, I'm going with them on my 1/5 scale WACO. They do have lock nuts on the forks. My only concern now is setting up and tear down at the field. Lots of small screws!

There is a company that makes up scaleflying wires and they have internal, removable wire fittings. Not cheap, however.............The blind ends use something like a bicycle spoke end in a keyhole slot fitting mounted to the side of a spar or whatever. If interested, I'll try to find the link to them.

Joe

mogman 09-11-2012 12:38 PM

There is a company that makes up scale flying wires and they have internal, removable wire fittings. I'll try to find the link to them.

aeroscale products

in Switzerland. Great guy to deal with. I used his wires on my 40%.

Cheers,
Dave.
W/B #180

ceije 09-12-2012 07:55 AM

kvlarblom, I had measured the wires on N89B which is the one i'm using for my model and the wires "ALL" measured 10mm wide by 3mm thick. There may be other sizes out there but i beleive this to be the standard.

chris melhus ceije 196

Errol Levin 09-12-2012 10:14 AM

Hi Guys

For flying wires visit the site below. They will give you all the scaled dimensions, and save you a lot of thinking.

http://www.flying-wires.ch/flying-wires/index.html

Regards

ERROL #204

kvlasblom 09-12-2012 11:49 AM

If only I could afford those...
I'm afraid it's out of the question.

Are the cables on the YMF the same as on the SRE?

Dash7ATP 09-12-2012 12:42 PM

If only I could afford those...
I'm afraid it's out of the question.

Are the cables on the YMF the same as on the SRE?
There is a WMFClassic near me and Iknow that all of the wires are not the same size. I'm sure it depends on the function of the wire.

Joe