Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

TF 1/7 Gold Edition Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TF 1/7 Gold Edition Kit

Bax:

After two incredibly great flights on this bird, I would not hesitate to recommend this kit to any first time warbird pilot who has put in his time and is ready for one. I would say, however, that the bird is quite fast and needs a color scheme that will help the pilot stay oriented. (Mine is working great, so far.)

I used the Robart 531 mains with struts, and an OS 120AX with a 15x10 APC pattern prop. The bird came out at 12 pounds and required only the 1400 mAh battery in the tail to balance. Take offs and landings are easy (the flaps have to be experienced to be believed.) Coming at you in a shallow dive, it sounds like it has a Merlin in the nose.

I like it so much, I'll probably build the 1/7 Spitfire some day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86562.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1155494  
Old 05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TF 1/7 Gold Edition Kit

Nice looking mustang, and you gotta love the Top Flight kits, they build so easily. I'm building a Top Flight P-40 at the moment if your interested.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8770455/tm.htm