Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

novus 125 FP tail wagging?

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

novus 125 FP tail wagging?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 08:37 PM
diabolic-mind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default novus 125 FP tail wagging?

ok so the other day i had a crash where the novus 125FP came down on its side. ever since then while it is flying the tail twitches left to right overand over. i also noticed that when giving left and right yaw inputs that the tail blades seem to lag going back to center. i thought that maybe the drive gears for the tail were stripped so i replaced them all but the tail still twitches left and right repeatedly. it is still flyable and the nose holds it position but the tail "wagging" is just irritating!any advice on what is going on here? thanks
Old 05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
diabolic-mind

Default RE: novus 125 FP tail wagging?

typical!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:07 PM
dragus359
My Feedback: (1)

Probably some sort of electronic hardware failure (shorted board, frayed wires to tail motor, or worn out tail motor).  I'm not familiar with your heli, so I can't say more than that.  It could be a number of things though.  There are so many systems on these things, than anything from electronics to gears to engines/motors can throw things out of whack.  If you can't find your answer by searching forums, then I suggest taking it to a hobby shop (if you have one available in your area).
Old 06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
diabolic-mind

as for a tail motor it does not have one. it is shaft driven off of the main gear. i checked all the gears and none are stripped and are all free of debris that may cause it to skip. the servo that changes the pitch of the tail rotor wa also inspected and is in perfect working condition. i wish i had the luxury of bringing it to a hobby shop but NONE of the local hobby shops do repairs on helicopters for some reason. i am fairly familiar with helis as i have been flying them off and on for several years and trimming and adjusting them is second nature for me however this issue has me completely stumped. i am thinking possibly with the bad landing i had it screwed up the gyro somehow for the tail lock. not sure how it could have but i guess it is possible. i have tried adjusting the tail gyro up and down in very small increments and have gotten it to hold a little better but it still gets shakey at times.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:02 PM
dragus359

Have you checked the tail pitch slider?  Although, I don't think it's likely, given that problems arose after your crash, but there might be gunk between the tail rotor shaft and slider assembly.  It's a shot in the dark, but you never know.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 PM
diabolic-mind

you know, that is actually one thing i didnt think to check! kudos for that tip. ill pull it apart now, give it a good cleaning, and see if that helps the issue! thanks again for that tip bud!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:34 AM
dragus359

You're welcome!  I hope that takes care of it.