Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

heli gyro for cpv3

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

heli gyro for cpv3

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:32 PM
ttennis1600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli gyro for cpv3

have a axe cpv3 i was thinking of getting those head holding gyro s why dont these come with the helis,i would pay the extra money.
anyway i was thinking of getting one is there a cheap one that would work?my problem flying is the tail drifts right or left and i cant focus on my flying. any advice? thank you
Old 11-16-2008, 12:08 AM
BLevesque

Default RE: heli gyro for cpv3

I am using the HM4000 made buy Heli-max. I payed $89.99
and also using the c12 esc.
I installed it like it shows in the manual and it works fine once you get it trimed out.

You can find cheaper gyros but I'm not sure with ones work good or not.

If I had it to do over again I would of bought the futaba 240

Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Red Baron Gary
My Feedback: (59)

Have a new AXE cpv3, is it worth the time and money to install the futaba gy 240 gyro and convert the tail rotor to brushless?

Or should I just wait a while and wear out the brushed tail rotor motor before replacing it?

Gary

aka Red Baron Gary
Old 11-16-2008, 10:45 PM
nscradar

I have never had any luck with the brushless tail, many others have had great success. I went with belt drive tail, but thats another thread. Try looking over at RCgroups forum for the helimax Axe CP thread. You will find a group of great guys experimenting with the brushless tail right now.
The gy240 is definitely an improvement over the stock 3 in 1 once you get the electronics sorted out. The stock 3 in 1 is ACP's weak link IMO.
Some pilots are also having success with the new HMX4000 gyro... search the threads for more info
Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
R-heli

Hi guys, I'm new at this ...
have a problem with my axe cpv3, the 3-1 gyro won't stop blinking . . .
I tried everything I read on the net, but no luck.
Any ideas before I take to a shop?
thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
nscradar

Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
ttennis1600

can you tell me how all this hooks up gyro and esc or should i pay someone to set this up thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
ezflyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my three and one gyro went out as well. i think i will put the futaba 240 on my bird as well. do we have to change any thing else. i will keep following on this forum so we dont have to start another. i hope you dont mind ttennis1600?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: ttennis1600

can you tell me how all this hooks up gyro and esc or should i pay someone to set this up thanks
Follow the intructions here: http://manuals.hobbico.com/hmx/hmxe04-gyro-manual.pdf
Old 01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
mikeradio

Hello I did the mod that Heli max has on there website and it works great.

Mike

[link]http://www.interiorhobbies.com[/link]
Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
cdf310

Hi Mike, did you use the option upgrade instructions as provided by Heli-Max while using both the Futaba GY240 and the Great Planes ElectraFly C-12, GPMM2015?

Thanks Bill
Old 01-25-2009, 05:17 PM
motodude11

I'm also looking into doing a heading hold gyro, i was looking at Esky ek2-0704 just wondering if you guys think this would work or if anyone had some experience with it. [link]http://www.xheli.com/esrchegyegrf.html[/link]
Old 01-25-2009, 05:35 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: motodude11

I'm also looking into doing a heading hold gyro, i was looking at Esky ek2-0704 just wondering if you guys think this would work or if anyone had some experience with it. [link]http://www.xheli.com/esrchegyegrf.html[/link]
at least the gyro in the picture is definately NOT the HH gyro...
Old 01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
PilotLight

ORIGINAL: homeunt

If you are interested in E-sky, be sure and get the "B" model. 0704A also is Heading Hold, but the latest edition is the B.

http://www.xheli.com/esky-gyro-ek2-0704b.html
Old 01-25-2009, 06:46 PM
motodude11

my bad wrong product and picture esky e2-0704b [link]http://www.hobbypartz.com/esekprhelogy.html[/link] i was just looking over it quick sorry about that.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
motodude11

ORIGINAL: PilotLight

ORIGINAL: homeunt

If you are interested in E-sky, be sure and get the "B" model. 0704A also is Heading Hold, but the latest edition is the B.

http://www.xheli.com/esky-gyro-ek2-0704b.html

figured that out after my post my bad guys so what do you guys think of that gyro worth a shot???
Old 06-05-2009, 06:35 PM
K0SS

figured that out after my post my bad guys so what do you guys think of that gyro worth a shot???
Were you able to get everything worked out and working?

I am also looking to upgrade to a HH gyro, are there any good solutions/suggestions for this?

Thanks!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:28 PM
JEMFLYER

Gents,

In the vein of "been there, done that":

I bought a Futaba GY240 for my Axe.  It worked fine, but 1) it costs way too much, and 2) it's too heavy. 
I would go with the Telebee GR302-AD, about 1/3 the price of the GY240, and lighter.  It works great.
Check prices at www.hobbyking.com

Or if you are more adventurous, try the  BA Nano Gyro 2.3gram, BA-G2J1, also from Hobby King.  I've got one
but I have not used it yet.

Next, I'm still using a C12 on one Axe and it works fine, but the price is a big rip.

I am also using the Eagle 30amp brushed esc from Hobby King.  It does weigh more than the C12, but it costs so much less.
Now you can get a TGY-20A Turnigy 20A BRUSHED ESC which weighs less than the Eagle 30a.  I just got 2, but have
not used them yet.

Finally, I have one Axe with over 450 flites, with the original 3 in 1.  The gyro on it still works great.  Not to say I would ever
buy a 3 in 1 board, I would not.  But if you are think of replacing a 3 in 1 that is working correctly just to get a better gyro,
you might be disappointed.  And, I remember thinking I had to have a Head Lock gyro.  The problem with a head lock
gyro is it interferes with learning how to control the tail.  On my 3 Axes and 1 HK450, all the gyros are in the NOT headlock
mode.  I enjoy the flying much more when I'm really in tune with what the tail is doing.  So maybe you don't need a 
headlock gyro until your flying gets to some advanced stage.  I would not know, as my flying hasn't gotten there (yet?). 

Old 06-29-2009, 10:54 AM
motodude11

Got the perfect solution and will be testing this weekend, I bought a Eflight cp pro 2; 2-in-1 Control Unit, Mixer/High-Power ESC part #EFLH1032. I will be using this to get rid of the goofy two esc setup that you have to run with a HH gyro on the Axe. I ran into problems with the arming of two escs and always having to trim it once it was armed. This esc has the esc for the tail motor (cp pro 2 also has the n60) and the main motor (cp pro has a hopped up brushed 370) since the motors are similar the draw should be about the same but this one also has seperate connections so you can run a HH gyro!!! I will be running my gy400 gyro bringing my experiment total to $37 for the esc and $19 for the gyro.