Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Axe CPv3 Gyro upgrade

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CPv3 Gyro upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Daddy B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CPv3 Gyro upgrade

I recently installed a GWS gyro on my Axe CPv3 using the stock tail motor setup. When I arm the ESC, which involves pushing the rudder stick all the way to the left, the motor comes on after I return the stick to center. This is fine when the heli is flying or hovering, but kind of a pain when I am landing or sitting on the ground. I have to push the rudder stick all the way left to shut off the motor. By arming the esc all the way to the left position, it believes that center is 50% throttle.

Is this how this setup normally works? Your thoughts.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Axe CPv3 Gyro upgrade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDROW4fw5QA

Sorry for the lowsy video quality.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Daddy B

ORIGINAL: PilotLight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDROW4fw5QA

Sorry for the lowsy video quality.
Thanks!

That is exactly what I have as well. I did not think of trimming to the left before initializing the ESC. That will give me more right trim when I am flying.

I have to say that I am not crazy about the gyro and electric tail motor setup. I almost think it worked better with the 3-in-1 board.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Actually, I start with the trim nearly centered. One or two clicks to the left from center works best for my gyro. Once the gyro initializes, I rotate the heli nose right and the gyro sends a nose left command which makes the ESC sense a zero throttle and then arms and returns to about 50% power on the motor. THEN, I go to full nose left trim to shut off the motor and install the canopy. The reason I do it this way instead of just giving it nose left command is the motor will not shut off even with full nose left trim. Plus, when you fly, you need to start at full nose left trim. You can add right, but you can't add any left trim. Rotating the nose to arm the ESC allows you to start with the trim centered and adjust either way to get the tail to hold.

Hope that makes sense.