Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 04:48 AM
BUZZINCADMAN
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned

Okay guys, I have a big problem here. I have a new Hirobo SDX –SWM with a 120 ° setup and the head is misaligned with the swashplate. If you look down from above and line the front ball joints up on the swashplate the flybar is skewed to the right about 8°. Two other experienced builder/pilots have confirmed that I have it assembled per manual. Either Hirobo has sent me some wrong parts or something is machined wrong here. (I can tell you, flying it like this has been a real interesting experience) Unlike the sceadu, there is no adjustment to the washout assembly because the pins go directly into the head. The only easy solution I can see is adding spacers behind the washout control arm to pull the radius arm outward. I would need approximately 1/8” width of spacers and longer bolts. Has anyone else had this issue or know if there is a different radius arm that does not reach is as far inward but still fit the radius control arms? Opinions?

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:17 PM
john josey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SDX-SWM Swashplate and Flybar Misaligned

Is it possible for you to post a picture ?

Is it possible that the washout base is upside down ?

Old 06-20-2013, 03:55 AM
BUZZINCADMAN

No It's right side up. I have a picture but can't find instructions how to upload.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:26 PM
john josey

ORIGINAL: BUZZINCADMAN

No It's right side up. I have a picture but can't find instructions how to upload.
use the quote or reply button and at the bottom it say's "click here to upload images and files" follow the instructions from there to upload from your PC.The answer to your problem has to be in the washout/mixer base. Is it the genuine hirobo part that is supplied with the kit ?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM
john josey

Okay guys, I have a big problem here. I have a new Hirobo SDX –SWM with a 120 ° setup and the head is misaligned with the swashplate. If you look down from above and line the front ball joints up on the swashplate the flybar is skewed to the right about 8°. Two other experienced builder/pilots have confirmed that I have it assembled per manual. Either Hirobo has sent me some wrong parts or something is machined wrong here. (I can tell you, flying it like this has been a real interesting experience) Unlike the sceadu, there is no adjustment to the washout assembly because the pins go directly into the head. The only easy solution I can see is adding spacers behind the washout control arm to pull the radius arm outward. I would need approximately 1/8” width of spacers and longer bolts. Has anyone else had this issue or know if there is a different radius arm that does not reach is as far inward but still fit the radius control arms? Opinions?

Thanks!
After doing a bit of digging I notice there is two washout bases for the SDX part no - 0414-466 for the SSZ-IV head, and part no - 0412-302 for the FZ-V head.The 466 part may well just be an upgrade, but I think it's worth looking in to.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:36 PM
BUZZINCADMAN

Yah, That might explain the problem. In the mean time, I was successful in programing the TX to add some ail. mix into the elevator control. Now when I put the flybar at 90 degrees to the frame and move the elevator, I get only flybar movement like it's suppose to.
Here is a picture.
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91333.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	1894531  
Old 06-25-2013, 10:02 AM
john josey

What happened to the washout assembly that came in the kit ?    there is a huge difference in price between the part that comes in the kit and the one you appear to have on the SDX .
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM
BUZZINCADMAN

Yah, I know,... I priced it. This is what came with my kit. That's why it's been messed up and it's felt so weird to me from day one. If I break it, I'll change it to the other one but the re-program should do the same thing for now. I'm just so relieved to find the problem. Everyone that I know has an SDX loves them. I just was'nt seeing it. I've had a battle on my hands in the air. Besides this problem, I have had a LOT of other issues to deal with too which was making me doubt my wisdom in even puchasing it.
Landing gear (way too short) honestly don't see how anyone uses the stock gear. (changed to Sceadu gear)
Muffler not staying tight (stripped bolts) (made custom length thru with nut and modified muffler)
Belt not staying tight (added layer of tape to boom)
Header tank hole too high and syphoning fuel into motor (made special mounting bracket)
Gyro issues
Engine issues
Vibration issues
I started refering to this chopper as an 2012 Hirobo "issues" instead of an SDX. With any luck, maybe I've worked them all out now and I can actually get some real air time.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:31 AM
john josey

I think you have just been unlucky, these hirobo helicopters are superb. I flew in F3C a few years ago and was thinking about it again and would use my sceadu in a heartbeat, it just flies sooooo good.I changed the screws that hold the frames together with 35mm cap head bolts and nyloc nuts as I found it difficult to get the frames tight enough.....which might be why you were having problems with the boom moving forward and causing the belt to go slack. It may also be causing vibration because the frames cant 'clamp' the main shaft bearings. I also moved the gyro to the front as I felt it was less affected by any vibration that was present. Your the first person that I have heard say they don't like the low height skids, I think they look great !!! and I use a perry pump mounted on the bottom of the right hand frame. Once you have worked it all out, you will love it, it's an absolute jewl. I would also recommend a maximum headspeed of 1800 - 1850 rpm as there is little benefit in going any higher unless your flying extreme hardcore 3D with a lot of pitch pumping.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:44 AM
john josey

Having trouble posting pictures

Name:	Wt59391.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1896027  
Old 06-29-2013, 05:49 AM
john josey

Name:	Qo39588.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1896035  
Old 06-30-2013, 04:48 PM
BUZZINCADMAN

Pic's look nice. I have the pre-painted canopy on mine. I like the looks of the low landing gear but even on a well groomed grass runway, it seemed to be mostly chewing grass, I mean....to the point it's unusable for me. Destroyed the original tail blades on my driveway on the very first tank. My main bearings are barely tight enough too. I might need to do that to mine eventually also. I have a Sceadu also and loved it......up till I did a forward flip in normal mode. Opps! I'm rebuilding her for a backup machine.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:50 AM
john josey

I have a Sceadu also and loved it......up till I did a forward flip in normal mode. Opps!
Ah....noooo ! I run a headspeed of about 1350 in the hover so i'm pretty safe on that one although I have done it with the mcpx and 130x