Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Resetting Hitec 5645 to factory

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 02:58 PM
stevehookem
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resetting Hitec 5645 to factory

I just purchased a plane that had a Futaba receiver and all Hitec 5645MG servos. I don't fly Futaba so I pulled the receiver and replaced it with a Spektrum AR8000.
I noticed that the servos were moving much slower than I thought they should and that some continue to move after the transmitter stick hits the limit. I called the previous owner and he said that the servos were programmed for a Futaba receiver. Unfortunately, he isn't available to reset them for me.
I have questions:
How can I set these back to factory?
Is there anything I should do to them for use with a DX8 transmitter? I have never programmed servos and always just use the transmitter to program.
Can they be made faster? Maybe I'm spoiled-I use Savox almost exclusively and they seem so much faster than these. And they just work without having to worry about a programmer.
Any help appreciated!
Steve
Old 05-18-2013, 03:27 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Resetting Hitec 5645 to factory

ORIGINAL: stevehookem
I just purchased a plane that had a Futaba receiver and all Hitec 5645MG servos. I don't fly Futaba so I pulled the receiver and replaced it with a Spektrum AR8000.
I noticed that the servos were moving much slower than I thought they should and that some continue to move after the transmitter stick hits the limit. I called the previous owner and he said that the servos were programmed for a Futaba receiver. Unfortunately, he isn't available to reset them for me.
I have questions:
How can I set these back to factory? Is there anything I should do to them for use with a DX8 transmitter?
I have never programmed servos and always just use the transmitter to program.
Can they be made faster? Maybe I'm spoiled-I use Savox almost exclusively and they seem so much faster than these.
And they just work without having to worry about a programmer.
Any help appreciated! Steve
Unfortunately you will need to borrow or buy any one of the Hitec Servo programmers:
Please refer
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
sub section:
"Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software" e.g.
. Digital Servo Instruction Videos - Programming with HFP-10, HFP-20, HPP-21+, HFP-25
. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center & End Point - Adjust to Match TX
. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point May Vary - Why & Correction

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point & End Point variance - Why & Correction

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Programmer is Preferable to using EPA & Trims on TX

. Digital Servo - Burnout. Cause & Prevention

. Digital Servo - Delayed or Slow Centering at Start up #01

. Digital Servo - High Resolution & Jitter - Why & DIY Cure #02

Also be wary of the different EPA settings between transmitter brands:
EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.

Much more information available under sub sections
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ."
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.