Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse Throttle Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 02:51 AM
Joe Petro
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eclipse Throttle Lock?

Please tell me there is a way to inhibit this.
I saw two near accidents last weekend due to an unresponsive throttle.
It looks like the button is so close to the edge of the tx, your belly can contact it.

Am I going to have to make something to cover or surround this button before I fly my new "big screen" Eclipse?

Help!

Joe Petro
Old 05-14-2002, 07:51 PM
MikeMayberry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry there is no way to disable it. I have not heard anyone have a problem with this before. Might I suggest.... no, I better not!

Mike.
Old 05-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Joe Petro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Never heard of this before

Maybe thats because we are pioneers around here.
I constantly hear people say "I've never seen a plane crash like that before".
We also pioneered the pizza eating contest. In fact, most of our members weigh.... Wait a minute... I know the answer!

Thanks for the reply,

Joe Petro
Old 05-16-2002, 05:24 PM
Hubb

I would like to respond.

I too dislike the location of both the throttle cut and lock switches. they are close together and you may mistakenly hit on for the other, especially if you do not look down at it.

the cut switch has become more of a minor inconvenience now. the feture I do not like about that is you must remove a "thumb" from the stick to activate the switch. it is difucult to kill the engine on final. can this be reasigned to a top switch??

let me stress these are not major gripes. mostly just feedback on future improvements (?) I have been flying all Hitec for two seasons now; eclipse tx with spectra, rx, 5925's in my pattern plane, 5945's and 5735 in my IMAC plane with great success.

thanks for listening to my 2 pennies

Hubb
Old 05-22-2002, 05:45 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested if it is possible to move the engine-cut to the trainer switch. This would be inlign with my Futaba 8AU. I've plowed my "Wild Thing" into the ground twice already because when I reached to cut the throttle (no landing gear on this bird) I inadvertantly always hit the trainer switch. Guess what, when you hit the trainer switch on an Eclipse you remove all control from the airplane--its just like turning off your TX while the plane is still running.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:10 PM
larrwill
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Eclipse Throttle Lock?

I experienced the inadvertent throttle lock issue today. I am still learning and passed the transmitter to the instructor, at some point the Lock button must have been pushed. We had no idea, just thought the throttle had broken etc.. Fortunately the plane was landed safely, we flew it until it ran out of fuel then landed dead stick. I must add, it was a windy day and the throttle locked at a high power setting, this could have easily ended in a crash.
After landing I investigated and figured out it was the Throttle lock. The dozen or so club members present all agreed there should be a way to disable this function. Most also, didn't think it was good to allow the throttle to be locked at full or any where above idle.

I believe I have the latest software verson 12 (QPCM).
Has this issue been addressed in this version? If not can you please add the ability to disable the Throttle lock in the next software update?
Can I send the radio back to HiTec to have the button disconnected?
Old 09-18-2003, 02:31 PM
MikeMayberry

Default RE: Eclipse Throttle Lock?

If you really wanted us to disable the lock button, the radio could be sent in and we could disconect it. If would probably cost about $10 for labor.

Mike.