Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HFP-10 Internal Batt.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Pepe J
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HFP-10 Internal Batt.

Hello Mike,

I purchased a HFP-10 programmer in Feb. 06 at the Puyallup show from a vendor there. I noticed no display at that time when switched on. When I got home I charged it at 100ma for 15 hours. I could only get maybe 30-40 minutes use out of it before the low batt. alarm comes on.
Long story short, I used it again last night. Battery was dead after being left fully charged 5 weeks ago. I removed the side panel, charged and cycled the battery three times. The most I could get out of it is 50mah. Save to say the Batt. pack is toast.

My question is Warranty? Do I go through Hitec or the Vendor? I live in Canada and it would be more convenient for me to go through HiFlight out of Calgary and can I just send in the battery pack.

The only sticker on it is a green one that reads 05.10 I assume this is the latest version is it not?

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:50 AM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: HFP-10 Internal Batt.

It's prolly the battery's expiration date... October 2005

Usually warranty items are handled directly by Hitec. There is a service form on their website.

You can try the vendor... I've had them handle stuff sometimes... depends on the vendor.

Please my post in the thread below this one... "HITEC trashed my gear" or something like that... it gives my views on Canada Post.

Cheers
Old 05-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Pepe J

Thank you for your input which I do appreciate, but I believe this Forum is not for open discussion.

Mike, if you don't mind, could you please comment on my question's when you get a moment.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:35 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Sent you a PM in accordance with Para 4 sentence 1 of the Forum Guildlines. I'm whipped back in shape now.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:53 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree the battery is defective. Hitec USA will warranty the battery, but its more economical I suspect to seek a resolution locally if plausible. The cost of the battery is likely much less than the shipping charges that would be incurred to the USA.

Please let us know what transpires locally and we'll work out this short-coming.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Pepe J

Thanks for the reply Michael.

Good News... The battery has finally "woke-up". I just kept charging and cycling it with a Sirius Pro Charger and Super Test. Its coming out at 1065-1095-1085 mah. I was getting 10-29-29-49 mah before. Think she's good to go now. I would be a little skeptical if it was a flight pack thou.

Anyway of telling which version I have here? It was purchased in Feb. 06 and the only sticker is a green one that reads 05.10

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:20 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you power up the Programmer observe the display, if no version number is displayed it’s the latest offering. If v1.03 or similar is displayed momentarily it’s an earlier offering and should be updated for complete integration with all Hitec digital servos.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Pepe J

It's the latest. Thanks.