Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Using servo arm w/ bracket for ailerons?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Airmaster23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using servo arm w/ bracket for ailerons?

Hi,

I'm building the Hangar 9 Spitfire and I'm at the part where you install the aileron servos.

The servo is attached to a hatch door to conceal the servo.

The arm must be long enough to go through a slot in the hatch and then attach to the quick connector.

The only servo arm (that I have) long enough is the adjustable one with the bracket. If the nylon teeth in the bracket/arm become loose, there might only be partial aileron control.

Has anyone ever used this type of arm on a flight control surface? How were the results?

Thanks,
Dan

You can see the pictures here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1241080
Old 05-13-2010, 01:33 PM
arobatx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using servo arm w/ bracket for ailerons?

Nope....I wouldn't do it. There are many options for longer servo arms, with an inexpensive example being like the Du-Bro arms, and an expensive example being the SWB arms. Hitec has longer plastic and metal arms as well. Do a little sniffing around, there are lots of options that would put you in better shape than the adjustable arm you speak of.

....crap, just noticed what forum I was in, sorry for butting in