Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 2.4 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:28 PM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 2.4 conversion

I've been looking for information about the new Hitec 2.4 systems that will hopefully be available in May/June this year. I have a new Optic 6 that I really don't want to get rid of. Will Hitec be offering any conversion deals (e.g. transmitter conversion module and several Optima 6 recievers at a discount price? Would be a great marketing tool for us loyal Hitec users.

Brad
Old 04-26-2009, 02:48 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 2.4 conversion

ORIGINAL: bkdavy I've been looking for information about the new Hitec 2.4 systems that will hopefully be available in May/June this year. I have a new Optic 6 that I really don't want to get rid of. Will Hitec be offering any conversion deals (e.g. transmitter conversion module and several Optima 6 recievers at a discount price? Would be a great marketing tool for us loyal Hitec users. Brad
Existing Threads
HITEC / MPX issued 2.4G system
HITEC 2.4GHz issued !!! Extensive thread

Hitec:Radio Module/Receiver Combos - Spread Spectrum Tower (amongst other retailers) already advertising.

other information
Hitec and Multiplex 2009 Catalogues
Spectra 2.4/Optima 7 Combo
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: bkdavy

I've been looking for information about the new Hitec 2.4 systems that will hopefully be available in May/June this year. I have a new Optic 6 that I really don't want to get rid of. Will Hitec be offering any conversion deals (e.g. transmitter conversion module and several Optima 6 recievers at a discount price? Would be a great marketing tool for us loyal Hitec users.

Brad
The best deal will be the package with the module and 2 receivers. The first package out will be with the 7CH RX's for $129.99. The 6CH combo will be $114.99. We may offer muliptle Rx packages but nothing has announced yet.

Mike.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

I read somewhere that the optima6 2.4 is compatible with futuba 2.4 transmitters. Also I have an old futuba 8UA, will the module and receiver work for this?

Thanks Shane
Old 07-21-2009, 12:06 PM
MikeMayberry

The Hitec module will fit into Futaba radios unless they use the new smaller module. Howerver, the Hitec 2.4ghz module is not compatible with any other 2.4Ghz receivers you would have to use RX's with it.

Mike.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Pit-Viper 1

What I'm wondering is if the Optima 6 2.4 is compatible with my fast radio, I have the futuba 6EX 2.4, will be upgradeing to the 10C soon.

Thanks Shane
Old 07-22-2009, 01:52 PM
MikeMayberry

No , there are no 2.4ghz systems that are compatilble with each other unless they use the exact same technology (i.e. Spektrum/JR.)

You might consider that the new Aurora that will be available late next month has much more capability than the 10C for less cost. For $429.99 you can get the Aurora with the receiver plus we're giving away a free receiver as a bonus. Receivers will range in cost from $49.99 - $99.99 which is much less exppensive than the Futaba offerings.

If you haven't seen the videos for this radio go here to learn more about it. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8861187/tm.htm

Mike.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
oldvet70
My Feedback: (10)

Mike is the Spectra 2.4/Optima 7 Combo going to work with my old Prism 7X that has the module in the Tx or is the Tx just too old?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: oldvet70

Mike is the Spectra 2.4/Optima 7 Combo going to work with my old Prism 7X that has the module in the Tx or is the Tx just too old?

It will be compatible.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:27 PM
oldvet70
My Feedback: (10)

Thanks. Thats really good news!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:06 AM
wheelsdown

Hi,
I have a Prism 7. It says nothing on the case about a 7x model. I just received the Optima combo system yesterday and it does not work. The tx module will not go into the set up mode when the little button is pushed. The LED stays red and does not blink. I have other 2.4 modules that work in this transmitter such as Corona and ASSAN. I talked to someone at Hitec, I think his name was Tony, and he indicated that the Optima unit might not work in this Prism 7. Nothing was said about it not working in Hitec adverts. What gives here if you know?
Regards

Just to add a little, I have followed the power up set up, that is: Hold the button in then turn on the tx then let up on the button. Light does not blink, just stays on red.
I will try it in a friends transmitter Tuesday.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Pit-Viper 1

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: oldvet70

It will be compatible.
Is it the same as the one they are referring to?

Shane
Old 10-03-2009, 04:14 PM
cahusker
My Feedback: (50)

I have a Prism 7X that I tried my module in today and it works fine. The X is kind of part of the logo on the Tx on mine. Also tried it on the Optic 6 and an old Futaba 7U and worked fine on them too. On the front of the Prism is the P7-AIRF PCM/PPM nomenclature. I was going to ask if you were for sure in PPM mode but you said it worked with other modules so assume that it was. Be interesting to see if it works on some other Tx's.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:13 PM
wheelsdown

ORIGINAL: cahusker

I have a Prism 7X that I tried my module in today and it works fine. The X is kind of part of the logo on the Tx on mine. Also tried it on the Optic 6 and an old Futaba 7U and worked fine on them too. On the front of the Prism is the P7-AIRF PCM/PPM nomenclature. I was going to ask if you were for sure in PPM mode but you said it worked with other modules so assume that it was. Be interesting to see if it works on some other Tx's.
Hi ca,
Thanks for responding.
Yeah, it is in PPM mode. I wonder what is the difference between the 7 and the 7X. I would imagine it is only in features as all the transmitter modules such as the 'Spectra' all channel module works in all of them. There are only three pins used in the 2.4gHz. The signal, which is the closest to the edge, the Plus next then the most negative or ground. They followed the servo lay out. The antenna pin is of course not used. Some of the Hitecs have more features and use more pins according to Hitec.
The front of my tx has the same nomenclature as you mentioned but from pictures mine is a 7 and not a 7X. My friend has a Futaba with a plug in module so I will try it on that one. I have modified a lot of transmitters with ASSAN and Corona and they all work fine. I even have a very old Futaba AM using an ASSAN and it works great. The encoder is the same for AM and the FM.
The old encoder chip is very susceptible to the 2.4 for some reason
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...994433&page=29 look at post 422.
I am starting to believe that this module is just bad.
I will know more later. What a disappointment after waiting since May 1st.
I will post what I find.
Thanks again

Hello everone,
Well today I tried the Hitec 2.4 module in a Hitec Eclipse 7 belonging to a friend and it worked just fine. So now I don't know what to think. Do I send the whole thing including my Prism 7 back to Hitec or what? I did try it on my other transmitter that work with the ASSAN and it does not work with these transmitters either. The module must be looking for a different data stream than that used on other units. The connecting pins cannot be different. There are only five on the Eclipse 7 and my Prism 7. They are signal, +, ground, ground and antenna. So the difference must be in the signal stream. I do not have an o'scope to look at the signal since I have retired. Does anyone have a clue?
Regards
Old 10-03-2009, 05:22 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: it is in PPM mode. I wonder what is the difference between the 7 and the 7X. I would imagine it is only in features as all the transmitter modules such as the 'Spectra' all channel module works in all of them. There are only three pins used in the 2.4gHz. The signal, which is the closest to the edge, the Plus next then the most negative or ground. They followed the servo lay out. The antenna pin is of course not used. Some of the Hitecs have more features and use more pins according to Hitec. The front of my tx has the same nomenclature as you mentioned but from pictures mine is a 7 and not a 7X. My friend has a Futaba with a plug in module so I will try it on that one. I have modified a lot of transmitters with ASSAN and Corona and they all work fine. I even have a very old Futaba AM using an ASSAN and it works great. The encoder is the same for AM and the FM.
The old encoder chip is very susceptible to the 2.4 for some reason http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...994433&page=29 look at post 422. I am starting to believe that this module is just bad. I will know more later. What a disappointment after waiting since May first. I will post what I fine.
Thanks again
Prism 7X had several enhancements, one of which was Shift Select - if it is a 7X, ensure it is set for both PPM &Negative Shift.
Prism 7 & Prism 7X FAQ
Prism 7 Manual
Prism 7X Manual
Much more related information on my web page under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ"

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC Web Links

Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: wheelsdown

ORIGINAL: cahusker

Hi ca,
Thanks for responding.
Yeah, it is in PPM mode. I wonder what is the difference between the 7 and the 7X. I would imagine it is only in features as all the transmitter modules such as the 'Spectra' all channel module works in all of them. There are only three pins used in the 2.4gHz. The signal, which is the closest to the edge, the Plus next then the most negative or ground. They followed the servo lay out. The antenna pin is of course not used. Some of the Hitecs have more features and use more pins according to Hitec.
The front of my tx has the same nomenclature as you mentioned but from pictures mine is a 7 and not a 7X. My friend has a Futaba with a plug in module so I will try it on that one. I have modified a lot of transmitters with ASSAN and Corona and they all work fine. I even have a very old Futaba AM using an ASSAN and it works great. The encoder is the same for AM and the FM.
The old encoder chip is very susceptible to the 2.4 for some reason
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...994433&page=29 look at post 422.
I am starting to believe that this module is just bad.
I will know more later. What a disappointment after waiting since May 1st.
I will post what I find.
Thanks again

Hello everone,
Well today I tried the Hitec 2.4 module in a Hitec Eclipse 7 belonging to a friend and it worked just fine. So now I don't know what to think. Do I send the whole thing including my Prism 7 back to Hitec or what? I did try it on my other transmitter that work with the ASSAN and it does not work with these transmitters either. The module must be looking for a different data stream than that used on other units. The connecting pins cannot be different. There are only five on the Eclipse 7 and my Prism 7. They are signal, +, ground, ground and antenna. So the difference must be in the signal stream. I do not have an o'scope to look at the signal since I have retired. Does anyone have a clue?
Regards
Old 10-16-2009, 06:06 PM
wheelsdown

Hello everyone,
It has been quiet on this forum.
Well, I can report that I now have my Hitec Prism 7 working with the Hitec 2.4 modules. The problem I found also allowed me to get my old Futaba AM working with the Hitec 2.4. It alway did work with the ASSAN units.
Here is the deal. In the Prism 7, Hitec connected pin 3 and 4 together (viewed from the pin closest to the edge, pin 1 the signal pin and pin 5 went to the antenna). Pin 4 is actually the ground pin and not pin 3 as I previously thought.
I traced and measured this out on a Futaba 7U that worked just fine. Pin 3 of the Futaba has a voltage of about 4.5Volts on it and measures (power off of course) 100 kOhms to ground. Don't know if this is a regulated voltage or not.
So I cut the trace between pins 3 and 4 (verified by an Ohm meter) and connected a 100 kOhm resistor from pin 3 to V+. Don't know if this is correct but it now works as it should. It works if pin 3 is left open also so I don't know what should be connect to this pin. Anyway, my Prism 7 works with the Hitec 2.4 module and so does my other transmitters. Because of this, I am going to order more Hitec units. I took some picture of what I did if anyone is interested. Maybe Mike or Billy at Hitec can tell me what should be on this pin 3.
This has been a good day.
Regards and thanks to all

Additional:
Pin 3 of the 2.4gHz module must be connected to something in the module that when grounded, disables the module. That's is of course why it didn't work. Pin 3 was grounded, that is , connected to pin 4 the ground, inside the Prism 7 transmitter.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26423.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	1296165  
Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 AM
blazer72

Thanx so much this fix did the trick. I was going crazy trying to get this to work you saved me so much frustration.I have been using my prizm radio for years its like an old shoe the conversion just made it all that much better.Thanx again Wheelsdown you are the man!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
wheelsdown

ORIGINAL: blazer72

Thanx so much this fix did the trick. I was going crazy trying to get this to work you saved me so much frustration.I have been using my prizm radio for years its like an old shoe the conversion just made it all that much better.Thanx again Wheelsdown you are the man!
Hi Blazer72
You are very welcome. Glad it is fixed. I had decided that this problem was not going to beat me so I borrowed a friends Futaba which worked and checked it out.
I have since talked to Tony at Hitec and he informed me that pin 3 in the Prism 7X and other Hitecs is not connected to anything.
Question here is then why is pin 3 in the 2.4 module connect to something. Anyway it works now thank goodness. The 100K resistor I had added is not needed and pin 3 can be left empty.
Happy Flying
Gene
Old 10-24-2009, 08:46 AM
fr640

Hi Mike

Compatibility again.

Is the 2.4 combo spextra + Optima 7 sold in the US going to be compatible with my European Optic 6, bought in France?

Im about to order it in the US, since it has not yet reached our land.

Thanks for ur support
Old 10-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Brendan Lugo

They are all the same, so the version you buy here would be the same as the one you would buy in your country.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
fr640

Thanks, i'll buy it tod
ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

They are all the same, so the version you buy here would be the same as the one you would buy in your country.
ay...
Old 10-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Barlingbomber

Hi,
I just bought a 2.4GHz adapter kit that comes with two 7 Ch receivers from Tower Hobbies. I have a Hitec Prism 7 and Eclipse7 transmitters both of which have worked fine for years with the spectra, 72MHz and 35 MHZ modules (I used to live in the UK)I have for them. I attached the aerial and plugged in the 2.4 GHz module in as per the instructions and then followed the steps for setting up the Transmitter Receiver link in Normal Mode (press the button on the module, switch on then release the button etc)

• On the Eclipse set neither of the LED lights (Blue or Red )come on
• On the Prism set the red LED light comes on but is not flashing.

The blue light does not light up on either set

On the receivers, again I followed the instructions, pressed the button and then plugged in the battery, then released the button. On both receivers the red light came on and flashes but nothing else happens.

From the posts above I see I may have to do some work on the Prism 7 but I am at a loss to understand why the Eclipse 7 won't work at all when it works fine with a spectra or 72 MHz module plugged in the back???

any ideas?

By the way I also plugged in a receiver battery and servos to the receivers to check if the connection had already been set up but the servos did not move when I moved the sticks so I guess not.

Phil
Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Barlingbomber

Wheelsdown (Gene),

quick question. After breaking the connection between pins 3 and 4 do you know if the regular 72 MHZ (individual channel or synthesized ) modules will still work? Also is the resistor optional or a must? Sorry if the question is a dumb one but I'm electronics illiterate (good with wood though!)

thanks,

Phil
Old 10-29-2009, 11:26 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Barlingbomber Hi, I just bought a 2.4GHz adapter kit that comes with two 7 Ch receivers from Tower Hobbies. I have a Hitec Prism 7 and Eclipse7 transmitters both of which have worked fine for years with the spectra, 72MHz and 35 MHZ modules (I used to live in the UK)I have for them. I attached the aerial and plugged in the 2.4 GHz module in as per the instructions and then followed the steps for setting up the Transmitter Receiver link in Normal Mode (press the button on the module, switch on then release the button etc) • On the Eclipse set neither of the LED lights (Blue or Red )come on
• On the Prism set the red LED light comes on but is not flashing. The blue light does not light up on either set On the receivers, again I followed the instructions, pressed the button and then plugged in the battery, then released the button. On both receivers the red light came on and flashes but nothing else happens. From the posts above I see I may have to do some work on the Prism 7 but I am at a loss to understand why the Eclipse 7 won't work at all when it works fine with a spectra or 72 MHz module plugged in the back??? any ideas? By the way I also plugged in a receiver battery and servos to the receivers to check if the connection had already been set up but the servos did not move when I moved the sticks so I guess not. Phil
Check TXare set tobothNegative Shift and PPM - will not operate if TX on QPCM.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79381.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1304660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50787.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1304661  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.