Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Spectra 2.4 module upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 06:00 PM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hitec Spectra 2.4 module upgrade

I just read in the Mar 2010 issue of AMA mag that Hitec is offering a 2.4Ghz module for the Hitec Eclipse models for $19.95 plus $5 S/H.

I went to the Hitec website to see if I could find a form to fill out and the specifications of the swap and could not find anything.

I want to take advantage of this offer (starts 4/1 - 5/31).

What do we need to do?

Larry
Old 02-22-2010, 01:03 PM
tohm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Spectra 2.4 module upgrade

The form will be on the website soon. Since the offer doesn't start until April 1, you still have time.

Tony Ohm
Hitec Multiplex USA
Old 02-22-2010, 01:07 PM
lbarnes

Just want to be first in line before they run out.

I will keep checking..

Larry
Old 02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
Gerard Schwab

Hi to all of you,
I am new to R/C Universe forums and just now getting back into R/C flying.  I want to upgrade my Futaba 8ch radio to 2.4 GHz and I also saw the add in Model Aviation  offered by Hitec.  In the short add it stated the Hitec Spectra 2.4 module would also be available to owners of Futaba radios, just send in your Futaba-TP-FM 72 MHz Module plus $19.95 + $5 S&H.  My question is this, is the Hitec Spectra 2.4 Module Upgrade truly interchangeable between both Futaba and Hitec radios? Both modules of the same size and pin configuration?  Good questions to know before
committing to add and sending in your 72 MHz Module!  Any unforeseen problems? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:25 PM
lbarnes

I know of 3 members of my club that are using Hitec 72Mhz modules in the Futaba transmitters without problems.

I know the pin out for each module is the same and they look identical on the outside.

Now will the 2.4Ghz work, dont know for sure but if the others work I would have to believe it will work with Futaba

Larry
Old 02-24-2010, 12:19 AM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Yes, the Hitec Spectra 2.4Ghz module is compatible with any Futaba radio that uses the same size module. Also be aware that we offer the standard module (wired antenna that replaces the standard antenna in the same mounting location) with (2) 7Ch RX's for $129.99. However, the "Promo" module will be better if you plan to switch back and forth between 2.4Ghz and 72Mhz because the antenna is hard mounted onto the back of the module. But I guess if you send in your only 72Mhz module you won't be doing that now, will you?!?!?

Mike.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike - is Hitec considering making modules that would be compatible with JR transmitters, like the 8103 or 9303? Just wondering
Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Texastbird

Gerard, I got one of the sets with 2 receivers and a module from Tower Hobbies for a fair price and I'm using it in my 9c Futaba. My flying buddy has the older 8U and the module works great in it too. I would like one of the Promo modules but I don't have another module I am willing to part with right now.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM
MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

Mike - is Hitec considering making modules that would be compatible with JR transmitters, like the 8103 or 9303? Just wondering
That would be an affirmative! It's a couple months away.

Mike.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94181.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1386349  
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 AM
lbarnes

I can see it now.

Old 72Mhz modules on Ebay for big bucks.....

I go 2 of them I don't use....

Larry
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 AM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

I'm crossing my fingers for a "trade in your JR module" promos...

Mike, thanks for answering my question!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 PM
RCSPORT FLYER
My Feedback: (11)

Hi Mike, is the Prism Transmitter compatible with the 2.4 system that Hitec sells?Also, can we trade in the single channel modules for the 2.4 modules? Thanks
Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
MikeMayberry

Yes, but requires minor fix.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...tm.htm#9178869

Yes, single channel modules are fine for the trade in.

Mike.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:08 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

ORIGINAL: fizzwater2

That would be an affirmative! It's a couple months away.

Mike.
Since you're showing a module with "JR" on it and the side clips I would guess that's affirmative! to you
Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 AM
juggler-3310

Hi Mike,

I recently visited the Hitec website and found the form that we are supposed to fill out to send in our old 72 MHz modules in exchange for the new 2.4 GHz module. I saved it in my favorites, and planned to print it out today and get the forms ready to mail in soon. But when I pulled up the link I got a message saying that the website could not be trusted because it had been hacked, and that the form could not be accessed. Could you provide a .pdf of the form here so that we can print it out? Or if somebody else had the foresight to download and save the form, could you post the .pdf in this discussion thread? I have no idea what is going on with the website, but something is clearly wrong. I've tried to access this form by using three different computers, and I get the same result each time. Any help that could be provided would be appreciated. Thanks.

juggler
Old 03-23-2010, 08:41 AM
8man

Can I send in my 72 spectra module?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Totally confused because I have no problem!

First I use four Eclipse 7's and Four Prism 7X, all filled with active aircraft. I now have purchased five of the double 7 channel rx and module deal and these are now all installed in airplanes and all flown and tested. Yes I know I now have more modules than neccessary but at the deal my LHS is making it does not matter). I also have two more of the double packs on order thinking about uping that to four more doubles if the deal stands.

Untill yesterday all the Rx's have been flown with the Eclipse' Tx's. I might add all have worked beautifully and even have had one actual in flight low flight pack warning from that magic down link deal. This from my stupidity and oversight on that particular airplane but that warning was loud and obvious doing its job well and had no problems landing. That feature is truly magic.

Now to my non existant problem. Yesteday I made the first flights (3) with one of my Twins which is the first time using the module in a Prism 7X that this airplane is set up with.

There were no problems and everything worked just fine with no issues. What exactly is the problem and why are people cutting circuit traces. What exactly is the need for some modification when using the wired 2.4 module in the Prism 7X?

I am not imagineing this, this was just yesterday and it worked fine with no mods other than the carrying handel has been turned around for unrelated reasons.

John
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

Totally confused because I have no problem!

First I use four Eclipse 7's and Four Prism 7X, all filled with active aircraft. I now have purchased five of the double 7 channel rx and module deal and these are now all installed in airplanes and all flown and tested. Yes I know I now have more modules than neccessary but at the deal my LHS is making it does not matter). I also have two more of the double packs on order thinking about uping that to four more doubles if the deal stands.

Untill yesterday all the Rx's have been flown with the Eclipse' Tx's. I might add all have worked beautifully and even have had one actual in flight low flight pack warning from that magic down link deal. This from my stupidity and oversight on that particular airplane but that warning was loud and obvious doing its job well and had no problems landing. That feature is truly magic.

Now to my non existant problem. Yesteday I made the first flights (3) with one of my Twins which is the first time using the module in a Prism 7X that this airplane is set up with.

There were no problems and everything worked just fine with no issues. What exactly is the problem and why are people cutting circuit traces. What exactly is the need for some modification when using the wired 2.4 module in the Prism 7X?

I am not imagineing this, this was just yesterday and it worked fine with no mods other than the carrying handel has been turned around for unrelated reasons.

John

It's the older Prism 7 not the Prism 7X that you have to cut the trace on. This is because the older version of the radio did not have a trainer circuit and so the trace to the RF pin needs to be cut free from the pin next to it to work with the 2.4 module.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: juggler-3310

Hi Mike,

I recently visited the Hitec website and found the form that we are supposed to fill out to send in our old 72 MHz modules in exchange for the new 2.4 GHz module. I saved it in my favorites, and planned to print it out today and get the forms ready to mail in soon. But when I pulled up the link I got a message saying that the website could not be trusted because it had been hacked, and that the form could not be accessed. Could you provide a .pdf of the form here so that we can print it out? Or if somebody else had the foresight to download and save the form, could you post the .pdf in this discussion thread? I have no idea what is going on with the website, but something is clearly wrong. I've tried to access this form by using three different computers, and I get the same result each time. Any help that could be provided would be appreciated. Thanks.

juggler

The new web site is up and running. Here is the link to the coupon.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/files/Module...eOrderForm.pdf
Old 03-23-2010, 10:20 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: 8man

Can I send in my 72 spectra module?

Yes.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:36 AM
JohnBuckner

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you Brendan, thank you as that certainly clears that up and the X distinction is not often referred to when folks talk about the Prism.

John
Old 03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
ed42d-RCU
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

Brendan... two questions.

1. The form doesn't have a spot for the city. Should we just add it in the Address line?

2. Do we have to wait til after April 1 to use this form?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: ed42d-RCU

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

Brendan... two questions.

1. The form doesn't have a spot for the city. Should we just add it in the Address line?
A. Yes.

2. Do we have to wait til after April 1 to use this form?
A. Yes.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
RCSPORT FLYER
My Feedback: (11)

The order form states that"mailed in modules and forms must be postmarked by 5/31/2010" even though the promotion doesn't start untill April 1.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Brendan Lugo

The promo deal goes from 4-1-10 through 5-31-10 so the postmark has to be with in that time frame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.