Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

What parts fit on 3 year old Savage 25 with X conversion?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What parts fit on 3 year old Savage 25 with X conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM
paull105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What parts fit on 3 year old Savage 25 with X conversion?

Hi I bought a used Savage 25 with the X conversion and am wondering what parts will fit on it. Some sites don't list that model anymore and only have the latest nitro savage.
Will parts from the newest model work?
Old 09-26-2013, 06:56 PM
kimber750

Only major difference between X and S25 is the X used different style gearbox/bulk head, stronger metal case diffs, new style radio box and upgraded servo saver as part of bell cranks. All X parts will fit the S25. Also 3 speed out of XL will fit. If you plan to bash I recommend chassis stiffeners.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:34 PM
paull105

Thanks for the info!
Any particular stiffeners?
How about metal spur? What brands should I be looking at for hop ups?
Also I remember years ago people saying Integy parts were really bad, is that still the case?
I will be bashing it, nothing crazy but I want it strong and hopefully cheap.

EDIT: Will these parts fit on the older model?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDLC7&P=OW
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLH2&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDZW2&P=7

Also I remember years ago people saying Integy parts were really bad, is that still the case?

Last edited by paull105; 09-26-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:51 PM
kimber750

Originally Posted by paull105
Thanks for the info!
Any particular stiffeners?
How about metal spur? What brands should I be looking at for hop ups?
I will be bashing it, nothing crazy but I want it strong and hopefully cheap.

EDIT: Will these parts fit on the older model?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDLC7&P=OW
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDLH2&P=7
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDZW2&P=7

I use RRP for spur gear. I have friends using integy spur gears with no issues. I use integy stiffeners and so does the 5 other savages owners I know. All those parts listed will fit any savage except for those with big bore shocks. I have an account with integy so I use a good bit of their items. Only other thing I recommend is brake/throttle linkage upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	phone 057.jpg
Views:	1394
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	1925358  
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 PM
paull105

Thanks for the reply, what linkage set is that? Have a link?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:00 PM
kimber750

Originally Posted by paull105
Thanks for the reply, what linkage set is that? Have a link?
I made it. Ofna slider kit OFN10704. Integy servo horn, any servo horn will work. Servo rod from hobby shop. You can reuse brake rod but throttle rod is too short. The rod connected to the carb can be reused also. Makes a huge difference in braking power. There used to be a guy on ebay selling a kit.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:51 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for the record almost any savage part will fit on any other savage.

Main things that have been upgraded over time is the dog bones are stronger, drivecups size changed, and the front, and read diff holder changed as well as the diffs gearing. The screw was moved on the diff case too. But honestly you can make almost any part work on any savage.
As I made a .21 into a flux once, slapped a X radio box on the .21 threw a flux idler gear in the tranny. Then moved the mess to flux TVP's eventually(where I noticed the diffs screw being reversed) and used the .21 diffs til the driveshafts twisted up then swapped the driveshafts, dogbones, and axles out to the HD parts off the flux. Then swapped the front and rear diff (got a great deal on them I couldn't pass up) I still use a savage .21/s arm, front knuckles, and tranny on it.
Also the Savage X's roll bar would even fit on a .25 as it fit on the .21

Majority of aftermarket parts will fit too (except the X's center skid plate that will NOT fit)

As for integy their rear HD carrier IMO is decent it removes the complexity from the rear (the tie-rods, and knuckle/c-hub crap) Outside that... Integy is pretty much crap. I mainly got the Integy rear HD carriers as the Tie-rod kept stripping out on me on one side, and I got fed up. Funny it didn't happen on my savage X though.

Wish I noticed this thread last week
Old 10-04-2013, 05:49 AM
paull105

Thanks for the help!
Got my new X 4.6 today and will break in tomorrow. First nitro so I'm super excited.
EDIT: incase you're wondering why I bought new and not the used like in the first post, the guy miscalculated shipping and gave me a refund.

Last edited by paull105; 10-05-2013 at 04:08 PM.