Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

What part's are these??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 05:26 AM
justinbowness15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What part's are these??

Hello Everyone, sorry if im posting in the wrong section, (please redirect if need be admin)

Can anyone help me here?

I've just been going through my boxes of old Savage 21 / 25 / ss bits and bobs from many years ago and have found these???

Anyone have an idea what these are - make they are or what model?

I think they are a king headz / DDM wheel extenders ( 17mm & 23mm)

I also had other models (a losi 8 t & hong nor crt truggies) so maybe their for those. Or maybe a traxxas

Thanks

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/jus...?sort=3&page=1

Old 09-17-2014, 06:10 PM
-SomeGuy-

The only reason I dont think they are for a savage is because they would all be the same. There is no difference between the front and rear hubs. Good luck!
Old 09-19-2014, 03:18 AM
justinbowness15

Anyone else got any ideas? A Revo maybe...?
Old 09-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fat ones appear to be for a 1/8 buggy or truggy, I say that because the hole in them looks big and buggy/truggy axles are larger than most other vehicles at 8mm. They are strange though since they have a screw instead of a pin. Most 1/8 axles use a pin, these must be specific to a model that has a flat on the axle and uses a set screw

The long ones right next to the fat ones are a mystery. I've never seen anything quite like that. The axle end looks threaded and see how they're stepped? These adapters almost look like they're supposed to replace the stub axle and go directly into the knuckle and you use a screw with a washer to hold them in the knuckle. Why you'd want to do that is a mystery to me, unless the vehicle they were intended for was already 2wd. Measure the diameter of the hole and the diameter of the smaller end of the stepped ones.

The other short ones with Orings are likely Savage or Revo/Maxx. If they're Savage the hole inside will be stepped and be 6mm on the axle side. Revo/Maxx uses smaller diameter axles so the hole will be smaller.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 09-19-2014 at 10:35 AM.