Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Very upset right now

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 09:32 PM
00jettagls
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very upset right now

ok i crash my savage alot and I'm currently on the 5th chassis well i just got finished rebuilding my savage new chassis radio box
servos steering and throttle and i added the integy chassis braces well i go outside start it up and I'm hitting the throttle its fine I'm blipping it in circles everything seems ok
i decide to go out and drive it no as soon as i go to drive it goes wide open throttle and keeps going doesn't stop until it reaches a curb like 100 yards away
and it turns upside down and basically looses fuel so it shuts off so now i have another bent chassis and bent integy bars for how hard it hit it looks pretty good
but i don't understand why my failsafe didnt kick in and apply brake i have a jr xs3 fm radio im at a loss and im very upset im almost ready to sell my savage and get out of the hobby [:@]
Old 12-30-2005, 09:37 PM
supernova803

Default RE: Very upset right now

I really hate computer radios. They seem to complicate and even more complicated hobby. Also, integy parts arent very good at all. I have HORRIBLE experience with them. I stick with the stock radios. hmmmm, I've had the throttle slide stick open due to a bad throttle linkage set up. Try that....maybe?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:39 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you using AA batteries or a hump pack in the Savage? With AA batteries, if one gets jarred loose the failsafe will not have power and will not work (been there, done that). You need to test the failsafe to make sure it is working. Shut the truck off. Turn your receiver and radio on. Make sure the throttle works (give it a couple blips) and quick turn of the wheels. If all seems normal, turn your radio off while leaving the receiver on. You should see the failsafe kick in and pull the brakes on. If it is not working, get a new one or try adjusting it.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:45 PM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

also did you have your throttle return spring on.... it will help save it.... and maybe look into some thicker tpv's some form here http://www.fastlanemachine.com/Publi...6/Default.aspx
Old 12-30-2005, 09:47 PM
00jettagls

no im using a hump pack in it and i have the stock chassis whth the integy side braces for aded strenth it atally save me from completely dmolishing my rc
Old 12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
00jettagls

i hav a picco 27 and i actully did have the throttle return spring on which s why am stumped oh wait i checked wen i turn the radio off instead of the brakes being applied it opens the throttle wide open man that sucks is there any way to reverse the way the failsafe acts i added a new throttle servo because in my last wreck i completely demolshed the last one
Old 12-30-2005, 09:54 PM
alvinl

Is that a Venom failsafe? I had a problem like that with a Venom SmarTemp failsafe. There was a setting I skipped that reversed the direction it pulled the servo.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:56 PM
laserman2

most failsafes have a little button that is pushed with a toothpic or small screwdriver to adjust the failsafe, go to the makers site and check how to set your failsafe
Old 12-30-2005, 10:09 PM
00jettagls

yea it is a venom smart temp failsafe i got to take t to my local hobbyshop tomorrow seeing how igot to purchase new chassis plates and radio box and probably a new steering servo i plan on getting everything set tomorrow thanks for the help i am less upset now that i see its possibly my fault and not the truck acting on is own