Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Unable to run AeroFly Pro Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:01 PM
acroguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unable to run AeroFly Pro Deluxe

I loaded the software, updated to ver: 1.8.0.17., update my nVidia graphics card, have an intergrated sound card (SoundMax) with the latest driver. When I run the software, it locks at "loading aircraft 1 christeneagle" and then displays this error message:
"AeroFly Pro Deluxe main executable has encountered a problem and need to close"
Help please
Old 01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
crowfly

Default RE: Unable to run AeroFly Pro Deluxe

It sounds like some files may have been corrupted during the program installation. I would un-install the program, carefully clean the CD, & reinstall the program.
Crowfly
Old 01-25-2005, 07:49 PM
acroguy

So far all attempts have failed and AFP Deluxe will still not start.
I have uninstalled & reinstalled both video & sound drivers, uninstalled & reinstalled AFP Deluxe using different CD readers.
What is the return policy if I can't get AFP Deluxe to work?
Acroguy[]
Old 01-25-2005, 10:11 PM
BadAtti2de

I agree with crowfly, It sounds like the install disk is bad, or corrupt.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:12 PM
crowfly

Hello,
I've read your post at the IPACS.de forum. I notice you are running an nvidia based tnt2 video card. I tried to research this chipset to see if it would support open gl technology. The latest nvidia drivers do, but I don't think your card does (even though new drivers are backward compatible to older cards, they will not "fix" it if it is incompatible with open gl). Open gl is a must. You might try these sites for more info. nvidia.com,,,,,, opengl.org. If my thoughts are correct, I couldn't make a video card suggestion without knowing more about your motherboard. If it doesn't have an AGP slot & depends on PCI , I'd say it's time to upgrade your computer. If it has an AGP slot, is it AGP2, AGP4, AGP8? I hope this helps. Crowfly
Old 01-27-2005, 12:15 AM
tadracket
My Feedback: (1)

Even if Crowfly is wrong and the TNT2 does support OpenGL, I would say the card is not powerful enough to run Aerofly. If that card is stock in your system, I would guess your machine is 4 to 5 years old maybe?? If so, it should be AGP. 4X or 2X, I don't know, but you should be able to replace it with a GForce 4 Ti for 60 bucks or so and if your processor is fast enough, it should work. A little more info about your system would help: manufacturer, age, cpu speed, RAM, OS. Is this your first power-hungry program you have ran or do you play current games like Battlefield or Doom3? My thoughts are that if that is the original card for your machine and you bought it that way, not built it yourself, you need some new hardware. My 2 cents.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:36 AM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tell us about your computer.

Ram-Need at LEAST 256MB of ram
Processor Type and speed- (IE PentiumII, III, IV or AMD???... is you processor 1,2,3GHz?) Needs to be a least a Pent III I think and at least a 1GHZ procesor.

Grapics Card. Exactly what is it? Should really be a nVidia GEForce 5000 series at least, the Rage and MX version cards wont work. Or an ATI probably 9600 series at least and it should have at least 128MB onboard DDR, and it has to be open GL. Basically if its more than 1 year old its probably not going to work.

What version of windows are you running?
Old 01-27-2005, 06:38 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Have you tried loading it on another computer?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:15 AM
MikeEast

OH NO you are NOT an Eagles fan are you!

Actually for this one week I am pulling for the Eagles.

I am sick of hear Phil Sims talk about TOOOM Brady,,, Tom Brady Tom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom Brady

Even when the NE defense is on the field ,,,,,,Tom Brady Tom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom BradyTom Brady. I think he has a crush on him. TOOOM Brady just better feel lucky he has such great TEAM around him. He is no Peyton Manning.

GO EAGLES!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
acroguy

Thanks for all the good advice!
My system is a Sony VAIO, P4 - 1.5 ghz, 512 ram, Nvidia TNT2 64 PRO Grapics Card, running Win XP, Service pack 2.
I purchased the system about 3 years ago and I am not into power hungry games.
After doing some Grapics Card research, I decided to order a new Dell Dimension 8400, P4 - 3.6 ghz, 1 GB DDR ****M, 256MB Nvidea GeForce 6800 GTO Grapics Card.
I hope this new computer will let me run AFP Deluxe and maybe some power hungry games.
Thanks for all the replies.

BigNed: being from New England, I don't think TOOOMMM Brady is all that bad!! Seems everyone on the Pats is doing their job
Go Patriots
Old 01-27-2005, 07:49 PM
MikeEast

Its not Tom that I dislike, its Phils Simms shameless atraction for him that absolutely makes me want to puke.

BTW, It sounds like all you really need is a new card not a whole PC unless you just like new stuff like I do[8D]. The TNT card wont work according to AFP.com if my memory serves me. Get the 6800 If you have an AGP 3.0 slot you should be good to go. It is THE baddest card out the right now.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Joel T

I've got a GeForce4 MX420 (only64MB) that gives 50/70 FPS. (This MX card does work.) It provides OpenGL required for a solid modeling program I use in my business. That program recommends staying away from "hot" game cards though. Not sure what they mean by that exactly. Anyway, smoke can give me problems sometimes but other than that I've zero problems with AFPD and am thoroughly pleased. It is better than I had expected. Is ignorance bliss? Is there something that much better over 50/70 FPS? ....and, if there is, what reasonably priced card would you, or anyone, recommend that's better but not "hot." ....or do I just need 128MB+?

Thanks

Joel (NOT a computer geek)

PS to STLPilot Do you take "Stay Calm" pills in the morning :-)
Old 01-27-2005, 10:10 PM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Copied from the Support Forum Guidelines:

If you want to hear opinions from fellow RCU members post it in the proper discussion forum.

If you have a question, need help with a part or problem and need to talk to a company representative, this is the place.

If you are a member and have answers to a question being ask in the support forums, send the person an email or private message.

If you are a support forum host or company representative, keep the information to support related topics only.

Please refrain from promotional material as defined in the Community Policies

Post are subject to removal if they do not meet guideline and policy requirements.

Eric
Old 01-28-2005, 06:34 AM
MikeEast

What is that supposed to mean?

The REASON for RCU is to SHARE knowledge and information and have a little fun. If you PM the answer to a question the only person that is going to KNOW the answer if the person that asked the question. Answering the question publicly is the whole purpose of the dang forum.

There are about 50000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000 threads in RCU and 99.99999999% of them are Q&As just like this thread is. You are grossly misinterpreting or we are misunderstanding your point in posting what you did....
Old 01-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Joel T

What are you saying? Did I do something, or maybe you're saying members can't help me openly on this forum where it might also help others??

Joel