Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD Engine Sound cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 PM
IShootSharpStix
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD Engine Sound cuts out

Just received my new AFPD today. Have a problem with the engine sound cutting out almost immediately. Tried the DXDIAG fix and the only way the problem is fixed is to set the sound level to basic acceleration. Problem is the sound quality at this setting is poor. Any other ideas to correct the problem and have reasonable sound quality?
Old 04-06-2005, 09:22 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: AFPD Engine Sound cuts out

Have you updated your sound driver?
Old 04-06-2005, 10:01 AM
IShootSharpStix

Yes, I have a SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Sound Card and I just checked and the driver is current. By the way, the sim is awesome! Just need to get the sound issue straightened away....
Old 04-06-2005, 10:38 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Personally I don't have that card. I know there has been an issue with your card an I remember it to be resolved. Please do a search in the AFP forums, as I will too.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:43 PM
IShootSharpStix

Now I am confused. I searched this forum and found 1 thread which stated a developer was using the SoundBlaster Live 5.1 card with no problems, and another thread in which the individual "fixed" the same problems I am having by tossing the card and buying a new one.
The confusion comes from the fact that the system requirements state that the software requires a "100% DirectX compatible Sound Card" which I clearly have. Creative Labs specifications for this card state 100% compatiblity with DirectX 6.0 and above. So what gives? The driver is absolutely current and the sound quality for all other apps is outstanding.
I do not think it is reasonable to spend $209 on software only to find the requirements are apparently inaccurate and another outlay of $200+ is required for the software to function correctly.
I like the sim but in my opinion no sim is worth a $400+ outlay. Please help me understand....
Old 04-11-2005, 08:10 AM
IShootSharpStix

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

Personally I don't have that card. I know there has been an issue with your card an I remember it to be resolved. Please do a search in the AFP forums, as I will too.
I know there has been an issue with your card an I remember it to be resolved. Please do a search in the AFP forums, as I will too.
If you know that there is a problem with AFPD and the Soundblaster Live 5.1 sound card, why is that not reflected in the section of the system requirements that specifically lists the cards that AFPD has trouble with??? Also makes me wonder what other 'supported' cards really won't work.

And I stand corrected, the Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS is $99.99 and does fix the sound problems. You can also reset the hardware acceleration back to full where it belongs. so a potential user with the Soundblaster Live 5.1 sound card will only have to spend $310 to get a properly working copy of AFP.....

Thanks for the support.....

Buyers beware.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:14 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When we going to get some real answers to these sound problems???? Capt,n
Old 04-17-2005, 06:05 AM
olof

I have just bought AFPD its great only the sound is hardly audible I only have an onboard soundcard I guess I need to get a new card does anyone have any suggestions that will fix, please.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:18 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I un-installed the complete program an re-installed it. It sounds perfect now. Do not do any shortcuts .....re-do it completly. Install the 9X also. Capt,n
Old 04-19-2005, 07:47 AM
olof

Done that made no difference, thanks anyway but have read elsewhere since, to run dxdiag and change sound acceleration to basic, did it and it works now thanks.