Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Interface Cable Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:35 AM
mduslick
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interface Cable Problem

I have been using AFPD for months now (love it), but this morning when I fired up the software, the title screen came up, but there was also a pop-up box that said "searching inetrface... please wait"... but the system never finds it. My set-up is:

Windows XP
AFPD version 1.8.0.9
I use my Realfight controller plugged into one of the front USB ports in the front of the computer
The AFPD interface cable is plugged into the other front USB port

I tried unplugging and plugging back in both USB plugs (for the controller and interface cable) and when I do, I hear the audible tone I always hear (sounds sorta like a doorbell) when I plug in the devices. But the software (AFPD) still does not see the interface cable. Like I said, I have used the softeware extensively for months without any trouble, and I have not loaded any new software on this PC or done anyrhing different to it. Could my interface cable have gone bad or what?
Old 06-05-2005, 08:07 AM
Ian.W

Default RE: Interface Cable Problem

Is it plugged into the TX? when it searches for the interface, keep it unplugged from the TX. Ive had the same thing a few times on AFP and my wires are breaking in my interface, just a quick re-solder does the trick. If it finds the interface, click fly now and see if it works with the TX pluged in, if not, then its your interface.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:22 AM
mduslick
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Interface Cable Problem

Here's my dilemma... the interface is not plugged into the tx. It is plugged directly into the USB port. And I'm not using my tx... I'm using the Realflight controller with the USB connector, and it is also plugged into a USB port. I checked the end of the interface cable where the plug is (not the USB plug but the other end) and there were no loose wires. The solder joints were fine.