Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFPD more difficult from AFP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD more difficult from AFP?

Hi,

I have been practicing 3D on AFP for more than a year I thought it was the best sim available till I got AFPD. Initially I thought that the only differences were photorealistic sceneries , plane graphics, and inddor add ons, well wrong!!!

The plane I was practcing on AFP mainly was Rol Matt's Extra set as Docinsane suggested, the only difference was that I reduced the power a bit. I was practicing at 137% sim speed as I thought it was too easy otherwise.

Now on AFPD I fly the same model set in the same manner and at 100-110% I find it as difficult. The plane seems a lot sensitive on ailerons and the throttle curve is a lot different making tha plane when hovering to bounce on the ground easily. I don't know whether this is related to a possible wrong calibration or to the new physics of AFPD. I find also a bit more difficult to lock it in high alpha and retain it, I have to use the throttle a lot in order to maintain angle and altitude and I have to play both with ailerons and rudder for harrier circles, is not as easy as in AFP.

Anyway the flight reminds me of real gassers as seen on real videos, I have never flown a real gasser you see ).

Any comments?Has anyone noticed the same or is my wrong setup or calibration? I'm pretty happy with it anyway, just asking for possible improvements.

Rgrds,

Nick
Old 09-05-2005, 12:38 AM
matt3D

Default RE: AFPD more difficult from AFP?

I have noticed the hellis fly a whole lot better in AFPD and the airplanes just have an overall better feeling in afpd from afp. It is just as easy to do a harrier rolling circle in afp to afpd it just seems smoother and better.

Matt
Old 09-05-2005, 04:14 AM
Nickolas

Default RE: AFPD more difficult from AFP?

Torque rolling and hovering is easy on AFP, it gives the impression that the plane is in a more viscous medium than air. That's why someone has to increase the sim speed to simulate real conditions closer. However, this results in very fast and not very smooth movements in other aerobatics such as the rolling harrier for example.

Now with AFPD the planes have a faster tendency towards the ground even at normal sim speeds which makes torque rolling more difficult. At this sim speed rolling harriers are smoother and more realistic. Seriously flying the RM Extra 330S at the CG location and throws suggested by Marteen Demoor reminds me 3Ding with real gassers, smooth, slow and down the deck.

If someone here uses a set up that is very close to reality in his opinion, please let us know.