RCU Forums - View Single Post - AFPD more difficult from AFP?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFPD more difficult from AFP?

Hi,

I have been practicing 3D on AFP for more than a year I thought it was the best sim available till I got AFPD. Initially I thought that the only differences were photorealistic sceneries , plane graphics, and inddor add ons, well wrong!!!

The plane I was practcing on AFP mainly was Rol Matt's Extra set as Docinsane suggested, the only difference was that I reduced the power a bit. I was practicing at 137% sim speed as I thought it was too easy otherwise.

Now on AFPD I fly the same model set in the same manner and at 100-110% I find it as difficult. The plane seems a lot sensitive on ailerons and the throttle curve is a lot different making tha plane when hovering to bounce on the ground easily. I don't know whether this is related to a possible wrong calibration or to the new physics of AFPD. I find also a bit more difficult to lock it in high alpha and retain it, I have to use the throttle a lot in order to maintain angle and altitude and I have to play both with ailerons and rudder for harrier circles, is not as easy as in AFP.

Anyway the flight reminds me of real gassers as seen on real videos, I have never flown a real gasser you see ).

Any comments?Has anyone noticed the same or is my wrong setup or calibration? I'm pretty happy with it anyway, just asking for possible improvements.

Rgrds,

Nick