Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

AFDP questions... How do it know?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 10:52 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AFDP questions... How do it know?

Okay, I'm sure you guys are tired of seeing posts like this one; but this IS the "official" AFDP help forum, right???

Here's the deal; I am a very experienced r/c modeler who is almost totally computer-ignorant. I had the NHP sim back when I was flying JR stuff, but never used it much because of the stick-figure graphics. I see that things have gotten much better.

What I'm looking for is a good general-purpose sim for me to practice IMAC sequences on and my grandsons to practice their flying/landings on. The guys on the forums mostly think AFDP is the one to get.

Okay; but I have some questions.

I understand this one is usable with your own radio. I have two; a Futaba 7C and 9Z. I would prefer to use the 7C for the sim box. Any reason why that would NOT be a good idea?

Just what, exactly, EXTRA stuff do I need to buy with the basic product? Assume my computer has the necessary capabilities (my computer-nerd brother assures me that my set-up more than meets the desired requirements); what I'm asking about here is interfaces, dongles, patch cords, whatever.

One assumes that OMP has the best price? Their web site on this product is a bit convoluted; I've looked at most of it and haven't seen a price on a current version of the sim yet.

On that topic, WHAT version is the latest/greatest?

Sorry about this, but I want to do this right.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:04 AM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AFDP questions... How do it know?

Hi Steve, you won't be disappointed with AFPD one bit. Go to this web site http://aeroflypro.com/purchase/ you want "Item No. 3021001 Aerofly Professional Deluxe
USB Interface Version". The current price is $179.95.

I use a Futaba 6EXA and a 7CAP and they both work great with the sim but you will need to purchase the "Futaba Micro Adapter" which is an additional $11.95. as the dongle that comes with the program is for JR and older Futaba radios.

Hope this helps,
John
Old 10-07-2005, 08:33 AM
LSP972

ORIGINAL: wahoo

I use a Futaba 6EXA and a 7CAP and they both work great with the sim but you will need to purchase the "Futaba Micro Adapter" which is an additional $11.95. as the dongle that comes with the program is for JR and older Futaba radios.

Hope this helps,
John
Okay; but does this adapter plug in at the radio or at the computer?

Here's the reason for the question. In addition to it being the radio for my grandson's Kougar, I use the 7C as a slave for a buddy box set-up for my 9Z. The 9Z has the old round six-pin plug. The buddy cord I have has that on one end and the newer plug on the other. IOW, if the dongle is at the compuiter and is set-up for the old round plug, I should be able to use my buddy cord for the connection... yes?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, the cord that comes with the sim plugs into any open USB port on your pc. It has a chip built into it that the program must read before it will run. On the end of this cord there is a mini stereo headphone plug. The sim comes with the dongle that would work with your 9Z. If you wanted to use the 7CAP is when you'd need to purchase the Futaba Micro Adapter.

Hope this helps,
John
Old 10-08-2005, 07:22 AM
LSP972

Got it; thanks a ton.