Notices
IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

What are you flying in IMAC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 07:17 AM
T-ster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are you flying in IMAC?

What is everyone flying in IMAC these days? I know there are the Kam Aero's and Carden's that seem to be the big two, but what about the others? My main two are a 40% H9 Sukhoi w/ DLE 170 on RE3's and the 125" Extreme Flight Extra w/ ZDZ 180 on QC-120 cannisters. Both are very capable although I give the nod to the Extra for flight characteristics in IMAC. Currently flying the Intermediate sequence and having a good ole time!

I have a Dalton 300ML kit that I started a few years ago and someday will finish.....

Thanks.
Trevor
Old 12-26-2021, 08:26 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I prefer any of the Extra 300 models. There is just something about an Extra that grooves better then others. My last one was a CARF 3M 330. I have also flown Aeroworks in both 100cc and 150cc, both were excellent. Current offerings from EF and Pilot are capable but IMO the control surfaces are too large which could be a disadvantage. If I were to buy an airplane today I would go with a Krill Extra. I however was given an old Aeroworks Edge and IMO if a buddy gives you an airplane you have to build it. I did however make mods to improve its IMAC performance. The fuselage was stretched 3”, the turtle deck was raised 1” and 3” was removed from each wing root. Still a couple months away from flight. Your collection are all tried and true designs.