IMAC Discuss IMAC style aerobatics in here

2006 contest?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:17 AM
bdunsire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 contest?

Perhaps I'm being impatient, but..

I've been out of IMAC for 7 years (kids were growing up - we had fun) I decided to get back into it now that they're both out of the house.... and cancer (sarcoma) - that wasted last year, so getting ready for the new year, and (sh*t - cancer is back again - not good) - well, not looking for sympathy or anything like that, but I really do want to compete a few times while I can (Advanced FWIW). In chemo again right now, as soon as I'm done with treatement and able to travel, I'm getting a trailer, and heading ... to some contests.. but I am having a tough time figuring out any sort of IMAC schedule.. Driving will be a challenge, lots of physical problems, but I REALLY want to find out what contests are going to be held this spring and summer - after that...

So - when will the schedules be posted? I see a few sw but the rest of the areas I could get to?

When do the lists get posted? I have been looking at 05, but??
Old 01-17-2006, 01:31 AM
Anna Wood

Default RE: 2006 contest?

Except for the NW Region, there are contests listed for all the IMAC regions on the IMAC website. In the menu bar at the top, mouse over Regions, then the specific region you are looking for, then select the Contest Schedule link for that region.

http://www.mini-iac.com

You may want to check out the NW Region home page on the IMAC website and use the e-mail link there on the right to e-mail Kevin Miller. He is the NW Regional Director for IMAC, he should be able to help you with finding out what the schedule is for the NW Region.

Regards,

Anna Wood
IMAC SW Region

Old 01-17-2006, 09:23 PM
bdunsire

Thanks Anna - I had seen the lists on the IMAC site, but I guess I thought they were not complete ..

I was hoping there was more information coming, or listed somewhere else..

I will try to contact Kevin - in a small world thing I live only about 5-7miles from him, but we have never met (I am quite active in the two local clubs (that he does not belong to )
Old 01-17-2006, 09:35 PM
mndless

bdunsire,

Good luck with the chemo... hope that works its magic for you... I'm sure it will...

Kids are out of the house now? Fly my friend... fly!!

I love my kids and want to spend all the quality time I can with them now... but part of me looks forward to the day when my time is not so consumed with them....

Hope to see you at an event one day soon!!! just getting started, so I have much to learn..

Tony
Old 01-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Anna Wood

I am sure there will be more contests added as the year progresses for the regions. For the SW Region, our calendar is pretty complete. We are expecting to add a few more events, but I would say it is 95% complete for 2006.

Take Care,

Anna