Community
Search
Notices
JetCat Turbine Direct Support Ask your JetCat questions here for the experts that know them. MrMatt and Bob Wilcox will field your inquiries.

Problem with P60SE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Problem with P60SE

I had problems yesterday with a brand new P60SE (ECU 6.00 Q), I could only get it to start 1 time (second time I tried), the other tries it went to "accell state", temp around 300 deg, and then just a white "puff", it stayed in "Accell state", and I had to shut it down from the TX.

I have tripple checked valves, installation etc (it's in a new Boomerang Sprint), I swapped the engine over to my Baby Boomerang where it worked ok.

I then took my engine from the Baby Boomerang and put it into the Sprint, "white puff" on that also. So it is the installation in the Sprint that is somehow the problem, as the engine itself seems to work ok.
I have done the "purge fuelsystem" and "burner valve" tests, and the fuel is coming ok in both tests.
I even tried disconnected the main fuel line, and tried a start, the fuel comes as it should in the startphase.
Only different thing is that the valves I got with the engine was "Xicoy" valves and not the usual "Cat" valves....

I will do some swapping of the equipment later on, and see if I can pinpoint what the problem is.......

But I thought I would ask if any of you have any good ideas ?

Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Problem with P60SE

Hello,

I am not familiar with these third party valves. Have you had any prior experience operating them with a JetCat ECU?

It might be good to call Max so you don't waste too much time (with the time difference) with we in the US.

Regards,
Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Problem with P60SE

Hi Matt,
yes, I did some more testing yesterday, I swapped the valves for some original CAT valves (stole some from one of my other planes ), and then the engine started perfectly. The valves was delivered with the engine by mistake by the distributor (not JetCat's fault), all is well now
Only small problem is that after the 3rd or 4th start, the terminal would display E in the temperature field, signalling some fault with the temperature probe or the cable. It did that consequently after the next 3 runs. I have changed the cable now, and will repeat the tests