Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

9303 Manual Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 04:52 PM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9303 Manual Questions

After reading the various manuals for the 9303, I have several questions:

1. How do you, or can you, change contrast on the display? I can't find it in the manual.
2. Under the "System M." menu, these is an "INFO-DISP" submenu. What is it for? (see, for example, page H2 of the helicopter manual). I cannot find an explanation in any of the three manuals.
3. The 9303 only appears to have SPCM and PPM capabilities. The JR 9X and Graupner/JR MX-22, both based on the same hardware, have ZPCM, in addition to PPM and SPCM. Has ZPCM been removed from the 9303? If so, why was this capability removed on the US versions? We have flyers at my club that were counting on this based on what they'd read about the 9X.
4. Are the transmitter frequency modules interchangeable with other JR transmitters? Will a synthasized module be available?
5. Page G12 implies that all trims are digital, saying that the throttle trim has an audible centering beep. Other literature says the throttle trim is an analog type trim. Which is it?
6. The transmitter only comes with a 600mah battery pack. Will larger batteries be available as optional equipment, such as the 1700 mah NiMh battery the MX-22 comes with standard? What kind of connector does the battery pack use?
7. I've been unable to find the basic screen display described in the manuals, the one you get when you first turn it on. Is there a supplement planned to add it? This might answer Question 1 also.
8. Since the sailplane and helicopter specific programming seem to have a lot more built in features than the airplane specific, and they still got 5 flight modes, why did the airplane specific section only get three?

Thanks.

Jon Lowe
Old 09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Mac_Man_UK

Default RE: 9303 Manual Questions

Hi, some of these I can answer but will leave the ones I havent a clue about to Danny.........

1. If its like the 9X, from the main screen rotate the selector until the highlighted area is next to the roller ( Disp Cont ), press the selector and rotate to adjust the contrast.

2. INFO-DISP takes you back to the main screen

3. Will leave that to Danny to answer

4. Yes, it shares the standard RF module. Again, over to Danny re the synth module.

5. 1 Analogue + 3 Digital according to my sources.

6. It uses the small white JST connector as seen on the 662 and the 2610 ( 6102 )

7. Over to Danny again.......

8. Ditto
Old 09-08-2004, 03:02 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. When you first turn the system on, it will say DISP CONT on the lower right hand corner. Highlight this, select it by pressing down on the rolling selector, and move the rolling selector to set it. Then press the selector again to stop adjusting it.

2. Mac_Man covered this one.

3. The 9303 does not have ZPCM. ZPCM is being fazed out, we no longer have any ZPCM receivers available and our newest systems (6102 and 9303) do not have it available.

4. It is unclear on a synthesized module at this time. I believe this will be a matter of time.

5. That looks to be a misprint in the manaul, the throttle doesn't have that function, but it does for the other 3 control trims. The 9303 features the 3+1 trims, 3 digital, and the throttle mechanical trim.

6. This uses the same connector currently used on the 8103, 378, 6102, etc. The highest mah pack we have with this connector is 800 mah, though you could rewire the Expert 1500 nimh to work in it as well.

7. Though the picture is small, this page has the first screen when you turn the system on. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Explore/...ArticleID=1370

8. I'm not sure why. My guess is that it wasn't felt that 5 flight modes in aircraft would be required. I don't really feel that either mode got more built in programming. They are just different.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Hi Danny,

How soon do you reckon the revisions to the manuals will be made and available to us mere mortals on the web ??

Old 09-08-2004, 03:14 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not certain on that at this time. My guess is soon, but I am not certain.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Mac_Man_UK

Cheers for that, I shall keep checking on a regular basis.

[8D]