Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

XP783 - Help - can't get control knob and land Switch to work together

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Going Balistic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP783 - Help - can't get control knob and land Switch to work together

Need some help.

Trying to set up flaps on the XP783 and don't seem to have any trouble accessing the function in the menu.

I have the setting at full so I can dial in the amount with the control knob, but I can't get the setup to be controlled by the "Land" switch on the left side of the transmitter.

Don't know what I am doing wrong.

Do I need to set up a mix?

As imbarrasing as it sounds I cound use "step by step" proceedure for this apparently basic dilemma.

Thanks,

GB
Old 09-07-2004, 01:54 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XP783 - Help - can't get control knob and land Switch to work together

Are you in aircraft or glider mode? In glider mode, you can "activate" this in the system mode, but in aircraft mode you can use the land function and/or by using program mixes to set this up as desired.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Going Balistic

Default RE: XP783 - Help - can't get control knob and land Switch to work together

Hi Danny,

Thanks fo the heads up.

I am in aircraft mode.

I have never really done any mixin before with the excpetion of dual elevator servos.

Do you have an idea of the steps involved?

what should I mix?

Should I mix the flap channel to itself and assign the land switch to the mix?

Thanks,

GB
Old 09-08-2004, 02:30 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are wanting just flaps, not elevator to flaps or anything like that, that is exactly what you would do. Set up a flap to flap mix, go to the flap pot function and turn it to 100% full on, then go back to your mix, press the ch key until you see it say offset under the channel numbers of the mix, rotate the pot all the way one direction, and press clear. This will register an offset in the mix so it will be active at all times, regardless of flap pot position. You can go back to the flap pot function now if you do not want the pot to be full active and change this as desired. Back in the program mix, press the ch key until it says SW, and select the switch of your choice (LAND perhaps), then press the ch key again back to the main mix screen, and enter percentages as desired to get the throw required.

If you are just wanting flaps in the LAND position, it is easiest to the LAND function, labelled LD function, press the ch key to make this say LD:F, put the flap switch in the LAND postion, and enter the amount of flaps desired.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Going Balistic

Thanks Danny,

Will try it tonight.

GB