Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Question on 10X Heli Mixing

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 03:04 PM
tadawson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on 10X Heli Mixing

Danny -
I have a PCM 10X Heli radio, and am attempting to mix aux-3 to aux-2 to get the gyro (code-44) control output to show up on channel 7 for use on a micro heli with a 6 channel RX. I have 100% mix set up in on Mix 51, but what I get is not a mix of the output of Aux-3, but a mix of the position of the Aux-3 switch, which is not actually controlling the Aux-3 channel. Is there a possible mix to get the OUTPUT of Aux-3 to show up on Aux-2 as well?

- Tim
Old 05-31-2005, 11:08 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question on 10X Heli Mixing

The easiest way to set up the gyro on channel 7 would be to either use travel adjust, or set up a program mix, mixing channel 7 to channel 7, activate aux 2 in code 17, store an offset in the mix, then re-inhibit aux 2, then assign the mix to the switch or FM of your choice and set the rates of the mix to set the gain.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:36 PM
tadawson

So, that implies that what I want to do is not possible? Every other heli I own is running with enough channels to use code-44, and I really don't want that many different setups, if I can
avoid it . . . .

- Tim
Old 06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There isn't a direct way to program the gyro function to command another channel. I would recommend setting it up as described above.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:09 AM
tadawson

Actually, the workaround I had come up with was to mix aux3 to aux2, and vary either the endpoints of 2 or the mix percentages, and that way, (since I use code 44 controlled by the rudder d/r switch) it drops out in the same place anyhoo. Found this by accident by noting that it was mixing the switch input and not the channel output.

Thanks anyhow - this is what I suspectesd, but just wanted to be sure by asking the "guru"

- Tim