Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 01:42 PM
goinav8n
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaps

Danny

I have been having a flap problem with my Xtreme sailplane. Im using Multiplex fl bb servos on the flaps. I can not get them to move at the same time. I have reajusted the linkages and have thaken the arms off and the servos will not move at the same time. This is even after setting the trims at 200 (DT) as the book says. Is this a servo problem? I have 2 DS-368 and this is my next option to see if I can correct the problem.

It makes a spot landing very difficult. I cant get the full 90 degrees of flap because of this problem.

Thanks for the time

Jeff
Downeastsoaring.org
Old 11-01-2002, 08:48 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flaps

What radio system are you using? You can try to use another receiver and servos and see if the problem persists with different equipment. If it does, it may be in the transmitter. If not it may be the receiver or servos, but it is difficult to say.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:12 PM
goinav8n
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flaps

Danny

Yes I just tried the other servos. It seems like there is expo in there somewhere. Its not programmed. Im using a 8103 DT and a PCM reciever. I really dont think the problem is with the reciever. Ill give it a shot but dont think it will work.

Ok heres the next question. My radio may or may not be in warrenty. If it is in the xmitter will JR cover this? Im sure this is something I havent done.

Once again thanks for the help

Jeff
Old 11-08-2002, 11:01 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flaps

Jeff, it depends on when it was purchased as to the length of the warranty. Those items purchased after Jan 01, 2002 have a 3 year warranty. Those items purchased before this have a 1 year warranty. The decision on if it will be covered is decided by the repair technician who works on it. If you can't find the problem in the plane, go ahead and send in your radio and we can see if we can locate a problem.