Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

servo lead length?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 12:59 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default servo lead length?

hi danny......first, thank ya'll for the greatest radio's and service center in our world!! what is the max. length i should hve the servo leads before needing a coil????? thanks, bill woodward, AMA136062
Old 11-08-2002, 04:53 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR engineers recommend anything over 36" should have a coil. From a practical standpoint, we all know you can go over this and never have problems. I personally have planes with 48" extensions with no problems at all, and I know people with much longer extensions than that without any problems. But a coil certainly can't hurt anything, so it is best to use one for longer leads. We are experimenting right now with an RF filter to find it's full range of benefits and quantify the improvement in range. More information on that to follow.
Old 11-08-2002, 08:48 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Hummm....just wandering, I know that your package says 36" in length but they are 1 meter in length therefore 39", should I put choke on mine,??

They have been flying for a few years in different pattern plane (2 meter) with dual elevator servos!

Daniel D.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:27 PM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The practical view of this would say that you would not need any coils, but it certainly won't hurt anything. It won't hurt anything on shorter leads either.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:09 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I just wanted you to realize that the cable mark 36 inches are in fact 39 inches.....so were are those JR engineers....? you are referring to?

Do get me wrong I only used only JR stuff, some directly from Japan when I happen to go there....

Just curious about the statements....you made!

Daniel D.
Old 11-09-2002, 02:30 PM
brickwoodward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi danny, sure do appriciate your response.....that helped muchly and greatly!!!!! i dont have anything in the "plane" world right now that will require anything close to 36", (hope to go 40% in the future!), so my leads are OK.....thanks again! and if you get near Kennedy Space Center give me a call. we got the best red fishin' in the free world!!! bill woodward, 3212680948......