Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

921 receiver questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Sir Fliesalot
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 921 receiver questions

I have the new 2.4 X9303 with the 921 rec. and have a couple questions.

First, with the transmitter on, when I switch the power on the rec, the servos jump, ailerons and rudder go right for about 1/2 second, and sometimes the flaps drop then come back up. One time the motors started!. It does it whether I plug in a 4.8v pack or run it off the ESC's. Is this normal? My failsafe is set to all controls to neutral except throttle.

Second, does it or can it do any harm to plug in four ESC's BEC's into the 921? I have a four motor aircraft using four ESC's and four 3s lipos and all four Y down into the throttle. I have not seen any problem with this, it works fine, but figured I should probably ask.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:07 AM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 921 receiver questions

After you get your plane all set up then you need to rebind the receiver with all your controls in the position you want them for fail safe,
ie throttle off all other controls in neutral position.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 AM
ntsmith

Location: Bishop\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s Stortford,

I gave it a flight - after a satisfactory range and F/S check - and it worked fine.
thanks for your help
Old 01-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Sir Fliesalot

I tried re-binding but it didn't solve the servo movement at power on. Still the same. The two lights on the 921 & on the satellite flicker at power on before turning solid. It is during that time that the servos move.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:56 PM
tail strike
My Feedback: (1)

Hmmmmm I had a similar problem (have had my x9303 about 3 months) on power up my ailerons would go down, both of them they would work but in that down position.
so I put the bind plug in the bind port of the receiver all the controls were neutral throttle all the way down and trim up to an idle position, turned on the receiver all the
receiver lights started blinking. Then while holding the bind button in on the xmiter I turned it on.
Waited till the lights went solid then everything was OK.

Good luck
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the servos are moving somewhere other than their bind position on power up, that is a function of the servo, not the radio system. Some servos when powered up move uncommanded.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:47 PM
Sir Fliesalot

Boy do I feel dumb. I guess I never really noticed that but I checked my other aircraft and they all move (except some digitals) at start up too.

Thanks Danny