Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR pinout

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR pinout

I bought a Turnigy 2.4 RF module from Hobby King. This module is for their radio but it will also fit a JR transmitter.
I want to use it to convert an old transmitter to 2.4GHZ. For that I need to know the pinout of the JR transmitter to the plug in module so I can fabricate a cable.
Can you provide me with that information?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:15 AM
dirtybird

Default RE: JR pinout

I learned from another post that you won't release this information. If you think I can't find it you must be very simple minded. All I have to do is find a JR Radio and make one measurement. All you are doing with this attitude is strengthening my resolve to never purchase one of your products.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 PM
slarty

Horizon personnel no longer monitor these posts....  but the answer to your query is...

from the top down....

1)  Modulation Signal

2)  +6V Regulated

3)  + Vcc (Raw Battery Voltage)

4)  Ground

5)  Antenna

Old 05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
dirtybird

Thanks.
I got the answer from another thread. Your info further confirms it.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:20 PM
aa180335

Just want to add, the +6 volts on pin 2 is only used on the fixed frequency transmitter module but is not required for the JR Synthized module and off brand modules(non-JR).
Pin 1 PPN is 3.3 volts peak to peak and is a positive going pulse 0 to 3.3 volts positive.
FYI Not to get off the subject but those of you installing lipo batterys in transmitters & receivers made for nicad batterys should install a small voltage regulator down stream of the ON - Off switch to power your radio to pervent over stressing your electronics. ( 7.4v down to 6v and 11.1v down to 10v will give you many good years of service,

Last edited by aa180335; 07-22-2015 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:59 AM
aa180335

Default Rc battery voltage.

I would like to point out that radio manufactures have been using regular alkaline batteries, with a voltage of 1.5 dc and although the starting voltage will drop off a bit, the maximum transmitter output is is highest when the voltage is 12v D.C. For 8 cell transmitters and 6v dc for 4 cell transmitters, receivers and other airborne equipment. If you want the best proformance out of your radio equipment use 12v and 6v regulators on your older radios. The newer radios are now designed for Lipo batteries. Always check manufacture voltage requirements to in sure good service life out of your radios. You can already buy prebuilt voltage regulators to compensate for Lipo voltages. I run regulated Lipo. power on my radios at 0.5v-1v under max recommended voltage to maintain max reliable performance. A 11.1 volt Lipo is only 11.1 volts when it is close to being discharged and the same for all Lipo batteries, when charged they are all well above their rated voltage when fully charged and, unlike alkaline batteries, there voltage does not drop off as quickly until close to the end of usable capasity and need recharging.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 AM
AndyKunz

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Modern transmitters (like the module referenced in the OP) run at 3.3V, and are power-limited by law. As a result, feeding them 12V doesn't affect range one iota.

Andy