Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

***CUB BROTHERHOOD***

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 09:09 AM
pilotbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Well, being one of the founding members, I don't give a rats azz what is talked about. Bottom line is we are all brothers in many ways and conversations always bounce around. When was the last time anyone was in the circle at the club and everyone talked for hours about one thing, never.
Well, you don't know me and it's hard to read in my post but that was assumed. My post was largely meant in humorous sarcasm.

Like all the hobbies I have and have participated in, if it weren't for the people I don't know how much I'd participate. One of my favorite parts of this hobby is hanging out at the field chewing the fat (which is all this is, another group at the virtual flying field). It's the meeting of common people with common interests. If that isn't tolerated then I'm out. In the case of the build thread that was abandoned--it's a shame. I really wanted to see it to the end because it looked like it is going to be a masterful build. When he was ill at one point me and another guy got "off topic" talking float planes and got chastised for it. Ok, I'm fine with that; whether or not I agree I'll respect your wishes. In the meantime, lets carry on....
Old 04-01-2015, 09:13 AM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Super08
This is how my Carbon Cub is coming along. I should have time to get it completed on my next days off. The drill in the second picture gives some perspective to the size of it. Wingspan is 168" and the main wheels are 8.25".

Looks good and yep, that sucker is huge.

Originally Posted by pilotbum
Well, you don't know me and it's hard to read in my post but that was assumed. My post was largely meant in humorous sarcasm.

Like all the hobbies I have and have participated in, if it weren't for the people I don't know how much I'd participate. One of my favorite parts of this hobby is hanging out at the field chewing the fat (which is all this is, another group at the virtual flying field). It's the meeting of common people with common interests. If that isn't tolerated then I'm out. In the case of the build thread that was abandoned--it's a shame. I really wanted to see it to the end because it looked like it is going to be a masterful build. When he was ill at one point me and another guy got "off topic" talking float planes and got chastised for it. Ok, I'm fine with that; whether or not I agree I'll respect your wishes. In the meantime, lets carry on....
I know, I was there and flapping my yip as well. It is sad it was taken to heart or what ever as we were just chewin the fat.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:25 PM
jimbrock2

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

#13? Count me in, with an old Balsa USA 1/4 scale Cub and a G=23 in front. JimB
Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
pilotbum

So... help me out here... What's the point of the Brotherhood # other than another line in my signature line on my posts?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM
bigbird3

Ya know Dennis, there is a problem when someone wants to be the 'BOSS' all the time, some of them become a boss spelled backwards----S-S-O-B. Oh well, coulda been a nice ride!
Lets talk about something else now.
bird
Old 04-01-2015, 01:14 PM
John_M_

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
Looks good and yep, that sucker is huge.

I know, I was there and flapping my yip as well. It is sad it was taken to heart or what ever as we were just chewin the fat.

Yeah, but I took the beating for it when I replied to your comment... I still got the bruises from it

John M,
Old 04-01-2015, 01:16 PM
bigbird3

So... help me out here... What's the point of the Brotherhood # other than another line in my signature line on my posts?
I guess you really need to figure that one out for yourself, we love cubs and there is enough going on here to keep us coming back. Might work for you too. aaaaahope it does.
bird.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:18 PM
pilotbum

Bird, I agree. Attitudes like that take the fun out of the hobby. Don't need it. One of the mantras I live by, "don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things." Oh well...

BTW, I don't know who Dennis is, but I'm Randy!

Cheers!
Old 04-01-2015, 01:21 PM
bigbird3

Originally Posted by John_M_
Yeah, but I took the beating for it when I replied to your comment... I still got the bruises from it

John M,

John Boy! Glad you are still coming around. Was Worried that beating might have hurt your feelings real bad. Good to see you again.
bird
Old 04-01-2015, 01:24 PM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

I would like to join the club also, I just acquired a 1/4 scale L-4 complete except engine and receiver, a 1/4 scale J-3 complete except engine and receiver and servo's, a 1/4 scale J-3 kit that has just been started. Can I have a number?

Skinny Bob
Old 04-01-2015, 01:25 PM
bigbird3

Bird, I agree. Attitudes like that take the fun out of the hobby. Don't need it. One of the mantras I live by, "don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things." Oh well...

BTW, I don't know who Dennis is, but I'm Randy!

Cheers!

Okay, sorry, all you guys look alike from here! I think 'propworn is Dennis. Hope he makes it over.
bird
Old 04-01-2015, 01:28 PM
bigbird3

Originally Posted by Skinny Bob
I would like to join the club also, I just acquired a 1/4 scale L-4 complete except engine and receiver, a 1/4 scale J-3 complete except engine and receiver and servo's, a 1/4 scale J-3 kit that has just been started. Can I have a number?

Skinny Bob

Coming right up! Cubman will see your request and assign you one. He is moving so be patient.
bird

Nap time for this old dog. See you in a while.

Last edited by bigbird3; 04-01-2015 at 01:31 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:46 PM
John_M_

Hey skinny Bob, are you in any relations to the Skinny Bob at Area 51 ?

@ Bird, it would take a whole lot more than that to hurt my feelings... 64 years hardens one to all that type of criticism... been in a few bar brawls in my earlier years for lesser said; when you're in the same space with someone and they get in your face over something they didn't like what was said, throws that switch, I'm on it like lion is to meat... a few beers help bolster the courage... now I wouldn't even be bothered by it... to old to stand my ground anyways, lol.

John M
Old 04-01-2015, 04:26 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

This one is mild compared to the Saito thread, it tangents to all things like cooking Armadillos to shooting, to bikes, oh and occasionally Saitos are discussed.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:47 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acdii
This one is mild compared to the Saito thread, it tangents to all things like cooking Armadillos to shooting, to bikes, oh and occasionally Saitos are discussed.
That is the nature of men when two or more get together...
Old 04-01-2015, 05:33 PM
John_M_

LoL, nothing has changed for millions of years Ace... except maybe the Elder would have clonked us over the head with a massive wooden club if we stood out of line , or run through with a spear.

John M,
Old 04-01-2015, 05:59 PM
pilotbum

So... CubMan, I'm new to the thread. Did you ever get the Super Cub Plans done? How is the project going?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:08 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Hey Randy aka Pilotbum Cub Man has a brotherhood t-shirt on his website if you're interested. Cub Man I can understand the cancellation 6 months is just too young to solo maybe you can have the wee one ready for next year?
Old 04-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Skinny Bob

John_M_, never been there, I don't think they allow cub's near the place.

Bob
Old 04-02-2015, 10:09 AM
John_M_

LoL, well they supposedly gave the pet name "Skinny Bob" to one of the surviving ET's from the Roswell crash in1947, if you believe in that stuff... that particular event / story has some credibility to it... search google images or youtube for "Skinny Bob".

John M,
Old 04-02-2015, 11:10 AM
FlyerInOKC

Anyone here have a picture of a Civil Aeronautics Authority certificate of registration/airworthiness?
Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Skinny Bob

John I kind of resemble that Skinny Bob alien, could be a distant relative
Old 04-02-2015, 03:07 PM
John_M_

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Anyone here have a picture of a Civil Aeronautics Authority certificate of registration/airworthiness?
There a couple on this web site... may be what you're looking for... or try google.

http://avstop.com/ac/2-19.html

John M,
Old 04-03-2015, 05:27 AM
FlyerInOKC

Thanks John but that isn't what I have been looking for and Googling it was a bust. I am looking for the certificate issued by the CAA when aviation was under the Commerce Dept, long before the FAA even existed.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:45 AM
pilotbum

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Thanks John but that isn't what I have been looking for and Googling it was a bust. I am looking for the certificate issued by the CAA when aviation was under the Commerce Dept, long before the FAA even existed.
Wow... before the FAA... That sounds like a fairy-tale.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.